Active Topics

I am facing one strange problem after PR1.2 upgrade.

Initially my mobile was working fine, absolutely no issues. However, one fine day all of a sudden my battery drained completely for no reason.
(This happened in 2 hours duration. During that time my mobile was idle, I did not use internet or media..may be just 2-3 calls I received that time)

When I realized my battery has been completely drained, I just put mobile for charging. Even after waiting for a long, I did not get green light , however battery icon was showing 100 % charge.

This has been happening since then, everytime even after 100 % change, my mobile does not show green light notification. The notification light is always blinking.

Can anyone suggest me what could be wrong?

Cheers,
yogi900

Anybody else has faced this problem?

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Sounds like the battery is defective, so I'd go to the place where you bought it and ask for a replacement.

Originally Posted by ToJa92 View Post
Sounds like the battery is defective, so I'd go to the place where you bought it and ask for a replacement.
Battery is good..it does not drain out quickly..only thing it is not showing green notification when fully charged....The quick draining of battery as mentioned earlier happened only once..!!!

So how to find that battery is defective..? Any tool to monitor battery condition? Like HP or other laptops have some utility to check condition of battery..!!!

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Do you get the normal flashing yellow charging light?

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
Do you get the normal flashing yellow charging light?
Yes..normal flashing yellow charging light is there ..but that does not change to green after full charge..!!!!

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Installed the LED pattern tester? - worth doing just to see if for some random reason the pattern got reset?
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

The Following User Says Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Actually, I occasionally have an issue where I plug the charger in (which activates the screen), turn the screen off with the slide-switch, yet the yellow flashing LED doesn't come on. Instead, the LED pulses with an extremely dim reddish color, barely visible unless you look at it in darkness.

I unplug the charger, wait 30 secs, try again, and it works normally - yellow pulsing LED indicates that it's charging.

I presume it's some weird edge-case not being trapped in software...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dak For This Useful Post:
Thanks everybody for replying on the post. The problem got solved automatically. I have not really done anything special to resolve the issue..