Active Topics

Notices

I apologise if this has been covered already, I have searched the forums and cant find anything related for what I want to ask.

But is there a way of creating a custom/favourite contact list, that will text several people in one go?

For example, lets say I have a rude joke I want to forward on, and say I have 12 people I want to send it to, and many others I dont, such as grandparents, parents, other family etc. Now instead of scrolling through my contacts list, choosing 1 person at a time, (which becomes annoying as I have 200+ contacts) I'd like to create a favourite list, which has my pre-selected 12 contacts, so when I select the grouped contact it sends the text to all 12 persons automatically.

Now this is just an example, another use could be, that your a boss/manager and you want to notify a few employees of an update or some news.... again, just select the 1 custom made contact list, press send, and job done.

If nothing like this exists, what do people think of the idea, and would anyone like to create such an app?

Any help or info on this would be appreciated.

Regards
James

Update:- I found this thread Contacts - Groupable

Its answered my question

Last edited by james174; 2010-06-10 at 15:38.

not that i know of.

you can sms to multiple people by separating with commas, but phone fields in contacts won't accept commas.

probably the best you are going to be able to do is have the numbers in a note in the contact already formatted and copy paste to new sms

The Following User Says Thank You to quipper8 For This Useful Post:
Good idea, thanks.

also see this post for another solution

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=540457&postcount=7

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to quipper8 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by quipper8 View Post
also see this post for another solution

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=540457&postcount=7
Brilliant! Thanks

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Love the trick you mentioned quipper8. One question, how does that affect texts/IM and such? Nicknames last I knew were used for the title. I suppose I can look up the contact via card, but... still a cool use of that field.

James: Thanks to editing your top post with the solution you found. If more people that asked questions did that this forum would be a lot more useful!