Active Topics

my phone needs to be reflash and i am unable to do so...but i have my concerns by removing the battery cover the phone's lens are entirely expose...nokia said there is a chance that the battery cover can be lost with is why they want me to send the phone without it....is this safe or ok? I am concerned about len's damage because i used to work at ups and i know how they handled their packages!!!

pit a piece of tape on it!

i think nokia is trying to screw u. judging from how couriers handle packages now days, if u don't send it with ur cover, its likely u might lose more than u want to.

I did it 3 times so far. It is fine. UPS wraps it up nicely. The phone is not that delicate. Let it go. And since the repair department is so inept they may send it back with another back. I got a new battery and a new charger by sending it in 3 times.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
That's a common practice to remove all removable parts (batt, stylus, covers, etc) as possible before sending things back for RMA. This way they don't have to keep track of what pieces came back with which order and have to take care of all of those in transit.

Just bubble wrap the device and toss it in a box of peanuts.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 48 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Norfolk, UK
i had to send my old phone off for repair a few times and the guys in the shop always removed the cover and battery and i ended up with new batt and cover every time and camera lens was safe.