Posts: 99 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ shanghai , China
I am at Shanghai China with China unicom 3G wcdma . I had pretty much dropping calls or connection errors after PR 1.2 . Before that , I had few problem . By reading all posts , I know it has nothing to do with carriers but N900 .

After seeing so many issues , delays and communication problem , I have to say Nokia is getting old and closed now . I can not bet my next cell phone on Nokia anymore .

The update is in fact responsible for a decrease in performance. I use my phone in the the same 3 environments day and night prior to pr1.2 and never lost signal on at&t, not once. Now in my basement it will lose signal every time. The signal jumps up and down, where another at&t phone in my house stays on full bars, just like my N900 did before the update. I'm very displeased.

I am having problems with N900 signal. Ate my home I cant get signal while a 5800 can in most of time full bar.
Here, if I get 1 bar it is 2G, while the 5800 shows always 3.5G.

I used to have a terrible sony w380i that I almost never had signal, now I bought one that I excepted to be much better. Any suggestion?