Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Released today...

Today I'm thrilled to announce that Adobe Flash Player 10.1 is now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems. You can get it now. Flash Player 10.1 for Android will be coming later this month - the beta release is currently available in the Android market.
And still no mention of Maemo. I think I'll stop hoping for it in Maemo, turn my hopes to MeeGo. Which... for me isn't exactly a bad thing.

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ France
Link? I only see the pre-releases available on Adobe's website, announced on 2nd June.

Here you go.

I've just installed the debugger versions.

Meh, their own servers aren't up yet.

The requested URL /pub/flashplayer/updaters/10/flash_player_update_201006_flash10.zip was not found on this server.
Thanks for the link though.

Weird. I'm running the debugger version without issue right now.

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 383 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Released today...

And still no mention of Maemo. I think I'll stop hoping for it in Maemo, turn my hopes to MeeGo. Which... for me isn't exactly a bad thing.
Neither MeeGo is mentioned in Adobe's official System Requirements:

http://www.adobe.com/products/flashp...emreqs/#mobile

>> Neither MeeGo is mentioned in Adobe's official System Requirements:

This is a bit different, Meego has not been released in a substantial functioning format so Adobe cannot really commit at this stage.

Maemo 5 is another story of course. Its absence tells us all we need to know.

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ India
Simple queries....Why is Adobe flash not considered fit to be running on iOS and Ok to be running in MAC OS?

Also would webOS see another phone ? Heard HP wasnt keen on the handset business.

Originally Posted by rcarlos View Post
Simple queries....Why is Adobe flash not considered fit to be running on iOS and Ok to be running in MAC OS?

Also would webOS see another phone ? Heard HP wasnt keen on the handset business.
Flash has been running on Mac OS for quite some time now. You're referring to iOS (which used to stand for iPhone OS).

Also, we've already discussed Apple's decisions in very much detail in the past. No need to go there again.

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Could there be a workaround to get this working on Maemo? I mean if Flash 10.1 would happen to come in a .deb installation package...?