Active Topics

Originally Posted by hackfanatic View Post
I tried calling someone who was on windows, initiated camera call, I could see the video stream on my screen.. but the person on the other end couldn't see anything at allll..
Did you select the camra as i have a feeling it is desiabled untill you click the button. Just an idea.

I've tried to place a video call to a mac (and from the mac to the N900) and it does not work.

When the call goes through I don't even have the option (on the Mac) to turn on video.

N900 and Mac does not seem to work for video calling at all.

Originally Posted by duarte_vasco View Post
I've tried to place a video call to a mac (and from the mac to the N900) and it does not work.

When the call goes through I don't even have the option (on the Mac) to turn on video.

N900 and Mac does not seem to work for video calling at all.
Read the thread. You'll find out why

Posts: 117 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ San Diego
I haven't tried calling my friends with macs via skype, but to be quite honest it can be very glitchy. Although, i did manage to make a Skype call to a PC laptop from San Diego to Zagreb, so it can work.

Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
Skype hasn't updated their Mac and Linux clients. The windows client is way ahead of the others
I blame iChat, POS.

gchat video worked for me. I made the call and my friend picked up. We video-chatted for 20 mins with no big hiccups.

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ United States - Saudi Arabia
how can i make a video call over 3G network?

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Windows ftw!

Posts: 210 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ NYC!!!!!!!!!!!!
i too have been experiencing issues with both pc and mac. when i try to call myself with my test account it works (on a pc) my wife on a mac doesnt work... also other ppl i know on pcs dont work. any ideas?

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Windows ftw!
I wonder if there should be some sort of rules against blatant and useless trolling as the above?

It serves absolutely no positive function and it's not even reflecting the prevailing oss/maemo fanboyism.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 210 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ NYC!!!!!!!!!!!!
ttt - anyone have answers on this??????