Active Topics

a smoother operating OS..and a return policy for your n900.
dont get me wrong, the OS is awesome, but im quite frustrated with the usability of it. the responsiveness and its framerate issues just makes the phone an average phone. and i DO NOT WANT AN AVERAGE PHONE FOR THE PRICE IM PAYING. SO, better OS, bigger screen..MULTITOUCH, mms, better front camera..better battery.
and please release a smoother OS for the n900 soon..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mangal_sk8erboy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by INGINE View Post
for me, 3.7" - 4" is the max, you want something you can hold with one hand when you are calling, plus, the bigger the lcd, the easier to break and crack.
I don't wanna need a man-purse to carry my friggin' phone or hold a brick to the side of my head to make a call. An all-purpose device has to fit in my pocket and the N900 is already pushing that limit.
Registered Linux user #266531.

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Newport, Wales
anyway, my ideal is 3.5" - 3.7" but 4" is the max if Nokia feels like pushing it, imagine your n900 with a 4.5" display, it would be a great sun blocker when you're calling though

Wish to get the N9 with same N8 features but Maemo or Meego?
This will be superb.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
The HD2 4.3" phone was fine for weight and dimensions and people said you could make it 4.5" with same overall dimensions.

With mobiles, unless its the occasional call, you really notice larger and heavier phones in long chats.

has to be a lot less heavier (either make the batt less heavier or the keyboard), look smart, meego has to run better than maemo so should be less buggy for normal use as we waited ages for n900 to be released as it was getting fixed and still got it buggy.
I think it should have a 1.5ghz or 2ghz processor, at least 1gb phsyical ram, 2gb or more would be ideal!
Definetly has to have a capacitive touch screen as thats where all the fun is by having multi touch etc.
Screen size is fine, I think anything above 3.5 is just crazy. But hey if they do it then weight has to be less as the n900 is way too heavy, that is the main thing i dislike about it.
They should also add in a better graphic card in there, default codecs to support mkv,divx etc files for playback.

Im sure there are more things but I just hope they do it right this time, it has to be a kick as$s device for it to win really as im sure everyone has seen what the competition is like now!

Last edited by badboyuk; 2010-06-13 at 17:16.

Looks like there will be HW keyboard

Screen looks larger than N900, throw in 8 MP Camera
and i'm definitely gonna get this

Source :

http://player.youku.com/player.php/s...Mjg5OTMy/v.swf

from here http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...931#post713931

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Los Angeles
N9-00

800x480 4" capacitive amoled screen
1ghz Cortex A8
1500 mah battery
pentaband 3g
32GB flash
512mb RAM
8MP cam, 720P vid, .3MP front cam
HDMI out
N97-style 4 row slideout qwerty
Hardware call, end, menu buttons

Ovi Maps with navigation

N9-01

1024x600 6" capacitive amoled screen
Cortex A9
2400 mah battery
pentaband 3g
64GB flash
1GB RAM
12MP cam, 720P vid, 1.3MP front cam
HDMI out
no qwerty
kickstand

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Liverpool, UK
Much bigger, N800-style screen, only higher res.
And none of this "slimline" bollocks. Make it FATTER.

Fat, powerful & bigger battery > Slim, fragile and **** battery.

Looking "cool" in the normal sense and being practical just isn't what the N-00 series is all about, amirite?

nokia support that gives a **** about its users

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frappacino For This Useful Post:

Tags
keep dreaming!