Active Topics

So whats the best tack for people to take? Angry and pissed off and threatening to quit the network or calm and collected? I average about 800mb a month and just recieved my first SMS warning me I have gone over...

I still don't get why they havn't contacted people making them aware of these changes?!!! dumb asses.

Under what circumstances are people allowed to cancel their plan?

The Following User Says Thank You to flameboy For This Useful Post:
Im ignoring anything from them until they say that they are going to charge me for going over the 500mb. As soon as they do that they've broken our contract and I will cancel (you have to do it within 14 days of the notification they will charge you). Then you get your PAC code and can move to another network without any penalties!

iPhone 4 here I come

Just waiting to cancel now really.

I want them to charge me

Its not that easy, once they decide to charge you they will give you 14 days notice, your bill then has to be 10% higher then it was the previous month, this includes any phone calls, text messages etc you may have used.

So its not actually that easy, you have to be careful, best way is to use almost 2gb of data, then they would have to put your bill up by like £15 to £20, you would defo go over by 10% then

the way i look at it. my bills come in at 40 each month. and £5.00 charge for going over 500mb is more then a 10% so i should be OK to cancel. if they do charge me.

just a quick summary of my pi55 taking over the last few weeks:

Your usage information
This time you...
saved £46.56 by using your inclusive minutes
sent 40 text messages
made 4.872GB of mobile browsing + data calls

no message yet from vodafone..... actually i havent used my phone for a week now

Originally Posted by mackan1 View Post
the way i look at it. my bills come in at 40 each month. and £5.00 charge for going over 500mb is more then a 10% so i should be OK to cancel. if they do charge me.
Im in the same situation. As long as I use about 1Gb a month I should be able to cancel.

I wonder if there is any chance of grief from MPD, if anyone who got there N900 from them, and gets vodafone to cancel there contract to this whole grief?

hmm good point. I got mine from MPD.

I dont think there will be an issue.

Posts: 431 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
What the hell... They gave us another 0.5GB (i.e: another 30min of internet radio) to shout our mouths up. And my prediction is that more and more operators will follow this schedule. Why? because infrastructure is not ready and as far as I remember there was tones of articles about this issue 1-2 years ago. Now we have some solutions like SkyFire and other constant-streamers apart of video. 3GP is useless for me in most cases.

What is my point?

Using Speedy on 3GP I've got average 55Kb/s with very good network coverage. That seems to be High Speed Circuit Switched Data (HSCSD) (max speed of this technology 57,6 kb/s)

Referring to GPRS technology (This is what Vodafone is using, and it was cover in original Vodafone PR by name Contract WAP or something) After you reflashed your device the lie has been reviled. Now default connection is called Vodafone Internet GPRS I was asking many times here is anybody here that know why it happened. What is the reason why Voda has own PR version and names?

So after digging a bit I founded some information.

GPRS is so called 2.5 G. GSM (2nd generation network) operators was building Core Network base on this couple of years ago. Elements of this structure is SGSN, GGSN and internal IP network.
Now is a catch:

GPRS CAN be used to operate on 3G network that successively will replace traditional GSM network, HOWEVER will be necessary to rescale the entire infrastructure because of higher network traffic.
So I'm not so sure, this is no my area, but I guess most of operators still running their businesses with GPRS as the bridge technology between 2.5G and 3G because technically they can. But they selling us Full technology 3G and even 3.5G (what the hell is that?)

This is pretty much the same b*****t as TV (720p) and TV(1080p) is called HD. No! 720p is HD Ready 1080 is Full HD. Under consumer rights regulations in UE, sellers had to put the proper label on TV set to inform consumers about this fact. In UK they still not doing that and confusing people. Now even propaganda spread to the mobile world saying that some devices are able to record HD video... more and more confusion and now noone even remember the Full HD spec. (See most of YouTube videos 720p)

Now my question is, are you be able to send back your TV set if you thought is Full HD but you realized is only HD Ready 720p? in UK.

If yes, Same way you can do with Voda Fake Unlimited 3GP.

Please do not take me as I'm sure all have said here is correct. Maybe somebody will prove me wrong about technological aspect of this story. Pretty much I would like to hear from somebody who know a bit more about this and confirm. This whole case stink to me that's why...

I'm sorry for so long post, but I will be appreciated for some constructive thoughts from you. Personally I think we should act together as consumers against of cheating us around every bloody corner.

Cheers.

The Following User Says Thank You to devu For This Useful Post:

Tags
vodafone con