Active Topics

I think this is not the Meego device, rather its a keyboard version of N8, like how N97 mini was to the Nokia N97.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
If i had friends which were actually concerned about such matters, I'd probably thinking about looking for new ones...
I was referring to holding the device next to your ear regularly and for extended periods of time in case anyone was unsure of my point.

Last edited by imperiallight; 2010-06-14 at 15:10.

Originally Posted by aikon800 View Post
I think this is not the Meego device, rather its a keyboard version of N8, like how N97 mini was to the Nokia N97.
You could be right about that, we just never know!

Nokia really needs to move away from symbian, yeah it was good in its time but to look at it now is just repulsive.
I thought maemo would be the future but now they're going on about meego. I just hope there isn't another 1 now, as maemo is still unfinished and they are hardly supporting it, dont want the same thing happening with meego.

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
The new N9 will be like N900 all over again. Not buying another Nokia this year. Already owned 3 N-series flagship and N900 devices and i got to say I slowly losing faith. Nokia is easily forgeting about the N900.

If i get a new phone this year it won't be a Nokia, it will be the iphone 4 or HTC. I've been a Nokia fans for so long and disappointed with their support. N900 is good but still buggy after PR1.2. So i'm not risking it this time, if N9 live up to it's reputation then i might get it. But won't be the first to get it, until atleast 6months to make it mature
good luck with those htc phones, with all the touch screen problems going on with the evo and incredible i'd wait awhile until they were sorted out.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Maldives
Call me crazy... ever wonder what would happen if Nokia gave the option of running both/either Meego or Symbian on their flagships right out of the box? I know it's going to be a CS nightmare, but since Qt would be the primary development platform for both the OS I don't see no reason why they shouldn't. Specially since they taunt the flagships are "mobile computers...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nashith For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by bxbomber View Post
good luck with those htc phones, with all the touch screen problems going on with the evo and incredible i'd wait awhile until they were sorted out.
Yes I absolutely truely waiting for that period lol. I'm not buying another phone off the front queue this time. I'm waiting behind the enermy line to make sure I get the best phone, I've learned from N900 though. Been there and done that.

"anything we cant do?" yap good support ...

umm yess@ maxxmus thats what im going to do too.

For those hating on the A8 -- do remember only the very elite devices now have 1GHz A8s, in fact the only ones I know are the iPad, the iPhone 4 (IMO 1GHz, but it could be even slower), the Evo, and the Incredible. There's probably a couple more announced or at least rumored, but the point is even this is still cutting edge.

No devices I know of have even been announced for A9. While I'm certainly looking forward to them, I don't think a new phone, even a flagship model, is in any way handicapped by an OMAP3640.

Besides, if they skip straight to an OMAP4 (or other A9) successor, I think the wait would surprise and dismay many of you. Or am I the only one who remembers how things got around here when the N810 was obviously dying and the N900 hadn't shown up yet?

Originally Posted by ninjafury View Post
Then there's no incentive to upgrade when my N900's running at 1.2 ghz.
Yeah, except that you might be able to overclock the "1GHz" version to 1.6 or so...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
Or am I the only one who remembers how things got around here when the N810 was obviously dying and the N900 hadn't shown up yet?
Most people here wanted a pure tablet, especially the moderators. It was only a few of us arguing for a phone version. What we got was neither very well really.

But yeah, it wasn't clear for a time if there was even a successor.

Last edited by imperiallight; 2010-06-14 at 23:55.

Originally Posted by Benson View Post
For those hating on the A8 -- do remember only the very elite devices now have 1GHz A8s, in fact the only ones I know are the iPad, the iPhone 4 (IMO 1GHz, but it could be even slower), the Evo, and the Incredible. There's probably a couple more announced or at least rumored, but the point is even this is still cutting edge.

No devices I know of have even been announced for A9. While I'm certainly looking forward to them, I don't think a new phone, even a flagship model, is in any way handicapped by an OMAP3640.

Besides, if they skip straight to an OMAP4 (or other A9) successor, I think the wait would surprise and dismay many of you. Or am I the only one who remembers how things got around here when the N810 was obviously dying and the N900 hadn't shown up yet?

Yeah, except that you might be able to overclock the "1GHz" version to 1.6 or so...
correct me if i'm wrong but isn't tegra 2 cortex a-9. If so then there have been devices announced. Granted none are phones that I know all have been tablets if i'm correct.

The Following User Says Thank You to bxbomber For This Useful Post: