Notices

I've just started using tablet encode. It sure beats messing about with Handbrake as I'd been trying previously!

The Following User Says Thank You to rich c For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rich c View Post
I've just started using tablet encode. It sure beats messing about with Handbrake as I'd been trying previously!
Yes, it's pretty nice. A tip that was not obvious to me is that while "dvd://" (aka the whole dvd) as the input source tells tablet-encode to make its best guess on the track you want it to encode, dvd://1 will tell it to only copy the first track, dvd://2, only the second track, dvd://2 dvd://3 will tell it to only copy tracks 2 and 3 (and call them 2.avi and 3.avi in the output directory you will need to specify). This will prevent issues where tablet-encode guesses wrong.

You can examine each track by running
mplayer dvd://1
maplyer dvd://2
etc.

to decide if you want that track.

To pause mplayer press "p", to exit press "q" I usually pause then exit although I don't know why. Probably something left over from vcr usage where mplayer's pause would be a vcr's stop and mplayer's quit would be a vcr's power off.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jcharpak For This Useful Post:
Great tip! I needed to do that & ended up using Handbrake to rip then tablet-encode to convert. I love all the cool stuff you can do on the command line if you know how!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to rich c For This Useful Post:
Posts: 94 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Germany
It's just sad that it creates mp4 files with mp3 audio by default for n900. That's not really compatible and doesn't run on many players (like quicktime). I changed it to use x264 with aac audio in mp4 files.