Active Topics

Closed Thread
Keep up the good work Steve!!!

Was just wondering, you reckon its possible to post a list of what needs doing in priority order, and whats already done?

Thanks and i just think it will answer alot peoples questions :P

Oh and any idea about portrait support? That'd be awesome

And like someone said earlier, you are the man

Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
portrait ill have to look at as its a bit annoyin to work out. as for priority list we dont really have one as it tends to be what we can make progress on at the time tho at moment it seems to be as below

working on:
sound support
phone/data

being looked at:
rotation
accelerometer

non-critical parts being left at moment
keyb slide
power management/sleep tweaks
watchdog processes

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dj_steve For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
Originally Posted by JackyBoy View Post
Hello dj_steve,

you are still doing a great job and I would like to thank you.

But I've got a little problem with sound. I put the correct file in the correct folder (/system/etc) but nothing happens when I play some music. I rebooted my android twice but it's still the same problem: no sound at all!
Any suggestion?

regards.
not heard of this happening. check file is in /system/etc on microsd and called asound.conf also make sure its permissions are 755 (chmod 755 asound.conf)

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bayonne, France
Concerning my sound problem, I tried again and it's now working.
I don't understand why now and why not before, but I'm glad it's working

Originally Posted by dj_steve View Post
the sdcard IS NOT the problem for not being able to install apps. android doesn not do apps2sd itself. (not yet anyway ) the /datya folder is where apps are installed and where i am suspecting theirs a problem
Hi All,

first all, thanks so much to all those who contribute daily to this endeavor(this project actually made me change my mind about selling my phone), i was able to install android on my n900 in no time at all, which is amazing since im a complete novice at linux..

@ dj_steve and anyone else who may be in a position to help, im stuck at installing apps, sound and everything else is working. Iv tried the chmod 777 fix on the system/app and system/data folder and even though the 777 permissions were applied, i still get the no space error. Android is installed on an 8gig sdcard and the system reports that 6.8gig is free..

Last edited by Africa; 2010-06-16 at 12:38.

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Originally Posted by Magik View Post
Sound works perfect. Tested on a game from appstore

Hmm when i press power it doesn't turn off the screen(it stays black with communications about "what is going on with device" ). Is it normal?
You can't turn off the screen really, when the display should "fade out" it shows what's happening behind the scenes.

Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
I actually like the "behind the scenes" when you flick it over to standby. It's gives it a nice nerd appeal. No one else?

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bayonne, France
@dj_steve: is it possible to calibrate the screen? Is there an app to do this? I tried in the console emulator "touch test" but it gave me an error: "permission denied" even after having typed "su" to get root's permissions.

I don't know if DjSteve is aware of this project, anyway I'm posting it.

http://code.google.com/p/rowboat/

"Enable key OMAP35xx, AM37xx, AM35x hardware features (ARM plus NEON, DSP, 2D/3D Accelerated Graphics and others)"

Now we can have accelerated 3D and DSP support!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to giannoug For This Useful Post:
Posts: 208 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgium
i installed it yesterday and this morning was it working but now when i boot to android i only get the background and the topbar but nothing happens.

when rebooting the problem remains.

someone help?

Closed Thread

Tags
android, cool stuff, froyo on n900, nitdroid