Active Topics

Notices

Poll: Would you pay $1 for a maemo theme?
Poll Options
Would you pay $1 for a maemo theme?

(First of all, sorry for my bad english, I hope you'll understand me) Everybody, pardon me for whining, but this message is especially to people who voted no to the poll in this thread.
It must be pretty hard for a developper to put a lot of time creating a theme and apps to make the N900 a better device, right? Time is money? You all go to work, take your time to gain hard-earned cash? Why wouldn't we pay one single dollar for a theme that took hours to make?
Personnally, I think that the number of apps is restricted because most developpers have NO motivation to create some.
I would be ready to pay more than 1$ for a nice theme. I'd pay big cash for great and useful apps.
Just my 10 cents.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gtessier00 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
For a good one, gladly. Maybe more. Why not?

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
This is just an idea...

How about you make this part of a bigger thing... what if you incorporate themes of OSS organizations and/or non profits (Wwf, etc) and you do a profit-sharing/partial-donation for the respective organizations?

If that is the case, I would gladly spend $5 each (with a promised split of at LEAST 50% to the cause).

Just an idea.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
A nice theme is totally worth $1 to me. But I already have some nice themes. Hmmmmm. I voted yes anyways BECAUSE ITS JUST A DOLLAR!!

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
This is just an idea...

How about you make this part of a bigger thing... what if you incorporate themes of OSS organizations and/or non profits (Wwf, etc) and you do a profit-sharing/partial-donation for the respective organizations?

If that is the case, I would gladly spend $5 each (with a promised split of at LEAST 50% to the cause).

Just an idea.
That's not just an idea, this brings us deep into the predominant ideology of capitalism and tells a lot about you. I take it you enjoy your starbucks.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by acou View Post
That's not just an idea, this brings us deep into the predominant ideology of capitalism and tells a lot about you. I take it you enjoy your starbucks.
Actually you seem to be 180 degrees off in your interpretation.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Are you serious?

For someone that sells his work to pledge a portion of the revenue for non-profits, that would be deeply capitalistic? wtf am I missing here?
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Netherlands
please explain as I don't think you understand the post correctly

Deeply ideological. Of course i am serious, but at the same time it's funny to see how people do not get how the injunction to participate in a "greater thing", things which have serious political backgrounds and thus have to be resolved politically, actually fuels consumerism. A study showed that it is mostly ruthless, "not so friendly" people who participate in such actions, mostly to calm their conscience. That's the whole point of charity. You pay a small fee and you can go on with your life, full of legitimate obscenities, without having to ask painful questions, which would probably even go against the things you practice. This makes sure everything stays like it is, none of the problems will be resolved. That's not change you can believe in, that's cosmetics, a psychological fa(r)celift. But let us not hijack this thread...

Last edited by acou; 2010-06-16 at 23:23.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by andrewfblack View Post
I can do themes on request but its hard to do a theme for everyones requests for $1. I guess I could take some requests.
5$ for a theme on request sounds fear enough?

If so: I'm on!
Got a request for you

A theme with my favorite soccer team!
(Lovely sentence! )

Last edited by HtheB; 2010-06-17 at 10:44.