Notices

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Wow, I just have to say that thanks for this amazing app.

Now I don't want to start any phone wars but for me this phone is life. We just yesterday talked with my brother who ones iPhone the advantages of both phones. Sure App Store has a massive amount of different apps but I have everything I need coming from you developers.

I don't really see that the amount of apps is better than quality of apps. For me, all the farting simulations etc. are just not that cool

The Following User Says Thank You to Flamee For This Useful Post:
just updated and i don t find anymore the shortcut ;-(

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Martinsicuro, Abruzzo, Italy
Originally Posted by andrew_85 View Post
just updated and i don t find anymore the shortcut ;-(
same problem

Originally Posted by alextootchie View Post
same problem
Installed the latest version for the first time. Missing the icon also :/

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Netherlands
Workaround has already been posted

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Italy
same problem here! also i can't see in terminal :O

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Netherlands
Could you be a bit more specific? perhaps try it like this:

Code:
1. open terminal
2. type "cd /opt/anselA"
3. type "python ansela.py"
To prevent typing errors pres tab after the "ans" and it should auto complete

The Following User Says Thank You to FarmerF For This Useful Post:
Posts: 128 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New Jersey, USA
Code:
Workaround has already been posted
There is no need for a workaround, v0.9-5 has been sent to the auto-builder for Extras-Testing. v0.9-2 was a temporary Extras-Devel Release. Sorry for the confusion.

FarmerF thanks for the fast response and clear understanding of what went wrong.

a little rant...
Ok, seems like I'm sort of confused.

Version 0.9-1 was released to Extras-Testing it worked OK, but there were some packaging issues.

Version 0.9-2 I was using this morning to do some packaging changes In Extras-Devel, as suggested by v13 and others and thus has not been released. I've tried to keep some programming rigor, but sometimes version control just gets in your way. Remember Extras-Devel may not always work, bla bla, this is the case I inadvertently removed the .desktop file from my install src.

The "Workaround" as FarmerF mentioned would be to run the released version v0.9-1 which was released to Extras-Testing or wait for the next version to be released to Extras-Testing

I'm currently releasing a v0.9-5 to Extras-Testing with some of the packaging issues fixed. I'd say sorry for the confusion again, but I thought Extras-Devel was for development work. If anyone knows a good way to denote a release as "Development" verses a "Public" release I think I should do that, I'm delighted with the support but it seems that -Devel is no longer a place where I can put my test code. And now I feel like an *** for submitting v0.9-2, where people are posting "workarounds" to a release I suspected wouldn't work due to the changes I was testing.

Cheers and expect a new version with settings save and possibly portrait rotation fixed released this weekend.

Last edited by lostinmirkwood; 2010-06-17 at 20:19. Reason: Changed Version to 0.9-5, because 0.9-3 Failed to build

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lostinmirkwood For This Useful Post:
v0.9-5 has been promoted to Extras-Testing [link]
Sorry for the all day delay. (I'm building a dock, and I was shoveling concrete all day)

desktop.shortcut and icon is working again. I decreased the amount of time the screen goes from loading to full-screen, though it'll still flash to the desktop momentarily.

Last edited by lostinmirkwood; 2010-06-17 at 22:20. Reason: promotion went through

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lostinmirkwood For This Useful Post:
Hey saxen, markusm, alextootchie, andrew_85, D-Iivil and FarmerF is it working now? the newest version avaliable through ApplicationManager->Update or apt-get upgrade should have pushed 0.9-5 about 7 hours ago, Any Luck?

If it's still a problem for new installers, please let me know.

Last edited by lostinmirkwood; 2010-06-18 at 07:09.

Tags
darkroom, image, photography