Active Topics

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by jaeezzy View Post
There's one program called Hide User Agent. Using it you can get the same options as you can get while browsing via laptop/desktop, i.e if video supports you get to choose 320p, 480p, 720p or 1080p but the thing is it's unwatchable in n900 even when I tried 480p and overclocked to 850MHz but maybe my connection was too slow that time but I haven't tried since coz I was having other issues like OVI site not recognizing the browser and pages openin in mobile version..
I tried that, and it made youtube look like mobile version. Videos tried to open in media player but codecs were missing. Nice...

Not very smooth for Maemo's browser since it cannot handle youtube proper way. HD should not be problem over Wifi.

Hey, those who saying sth about instaling the user agent - have you guys even tried it? I have my device on 1ghz and I am unable to play even 360p video smothly (slideshow about 1frame per 3seconds) and if chose sth higher e.g. 480p - even sound start lagging.

And btw the picture of 360p is the WAY better than what we see without user agent.

Moreover I suppose that the so called "real desktop youtube" is not true, because comparing video quality i would say that videos from youtube without user agent are about 160x120 and thats why they look so poor.

I`ve given up trying to watch youtube in at least watchable quality using streaming. Instead i`ve installed gpodder wich allows me to download at least 360p videos. Despite the fact that it is very inconvinient (you should find videos in browser than go to gpodder(which is pretty laggy btw) subscribe to uploader than donload video and watch it in medi player) i found it is the only way.