Active Topics

Originally Posted by admiral0 View Post
touché. I was really annoyed by the fact that you interpreted things that i didn't say and i would never say. Nokia and Maemo [council|whatever] are doing their best, but that doesn't mean that they can't screw up things.

they should have done rollback. I still can't install most qt apps i care about.
Nokia could at least release some bugfixes as PR 1.1.2. They didn't and won't do it. bye bye university wifi till PR1.2

I saw stuff you said about ssh and gcc in a chroot. You are right, but anyways nokia n900 compiles slower than my pc. And apps i usually compile tend to be big enough to care.

A better solution to chroot imo would be a aufs branch over /. I also think that /opt thing is a wrong decision. aufs is a better solution imo
Good, let's move on. The n900 glass is far from full, but I don't think it's half empty either. I like what you said here. I've been a huge Nokia dissenter in the past, but I'm not sure it ever got me very far. I've since tried to reach a balance, and I feel much better about the idea of working with rather than against. So, even while Nokia consistently makes mistakes, they also consistently move in the right general direction, as far as I'm concerned. And though it might sometimes be unreasonably biased (fanboyism?), the depth of forgiveness is usually directly proportional to ideological alignment.

Peace

Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
actually developers wont bother at a bigger scale because there is no DRM... (and nokia has fcukked with their store at least couple times)
who really has DRM? or should i say, more importantlyu.. Who cant get around DRM?

Originally Posted by andraeseus1 View Post
who really has DRM? or should i say, more importantlyu.. Who cant get around DRM?
Well, we can look at the PS3 for the DRM-lover's wet dream. It's made it this far without serious compromise.