Notices

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ CT USA
just got the update today fixed scrolling issue no more scrolling, but now it does not work when someone calls, it works fine in test mode

Originally Posted by amorek13 View Post
just got the update today fixed scrolling issue no more scrolling, but now it does not work when someone calls, it works fine in test mode
Same problem. Before the update it was working, not that great but heh it worked. Now its in the "Silence !, i kill you mode".

Last edited by gameunit; 2010-06-18 at 16:53.

First install of the software for me, but it's not working. The log shows a traceback with the error in line 162:

AttributeError: eSpeakCallerDaemon instance has no attribute 'eSpeakProc'

after few phone calls and hitting mute speakers when headset connected and unselecting it and restart and works perfect

Originally Posted by gameunit View Post
Same problem. Before the update it was working, not that great but heh it worked. Now its in the "Silence !, i kill you mode".
would love to have walters voice on there lol

Stopped working for me after today's update too. Everything was working fine until today.

Originally Posted by sajidc View Post
Stopped working for me after today's update too. Everything was working fine until today.
Same here.

Hmm. It works if you add voice for one contact. All contacts isnt working but add text for John Doe. Like "Johnnie is calling" and it works.

So is %first% broken?

Now a days, it is not difficult to check who is calling me because the Internet has really made is easy to do it. The Internet is the most effective way to check who is calling me. There are many companies on the Internet which offer the service for tracing phone numbers. You can use these services to check the name and address of the caller. Some resources would also give you the other phone numbers in use of that person. It would not take more that 15 minutes to check who is calling you on your phone number.

If you want to check who is calling you and want to get accurate information then you would have to select a resource sensibly. Since the Internet is an open platform and anyone can go on it and provide its services that is why there are also some undependable resources. So, you have to be vigilant while choosing a resource for your exploration. A good way to perform a research about a phone number is to utilize the paid services. The companies which offer paid services they also promise provision of faultless information. That is why I recommend everyone to use the paid resources.

If you want to check who is calling you then you should have a valid credit card. Approximately all the resources would require payment by a credit card. Before starting your research you should check the requirements of the resource and also confirm the cost of research. This would be helpful to perform an even research. Some resources might ask you for your identification details. Usually the resources offered by the government would ask for this sort of information. The government asks this information in order to ensure that no one uses the obtained information for unlawful purposes.

If you want to check who is calling you then it is good to perform an online research. However, if you have been thinking to perform this research in order to intrude the personal information of a person then this is very bad. It is unlawful to check the information of a person without any reason. You are not supposed to employ the online resources for unlawful purposes. There could be some hard and fast rules regarding performing an online investigation about phone number. You should be aware of the rules and regulations of your country regarding online investigation so that you could perform a legal research.

If you need further information on tracing phone numbers then you can visit these websites:who is calling me and Cell phone Number Look Up.

Last edited by johnhill514; 2010-06-19 at 12:41.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Let me guess. US?

Well, wherever you are, let me assure you that out here this information isn't public (what is this horror - address from number? The horror!) and not only you will be dragged out in the plaza and shot for breach of privacy, but at least here in Romania there's been a couple of initiatives to build a reverse lookup, and that's for landlines only (aka - virtually nobody, we're wireless), and both attempts I saw have been quickly shut down, databases purged. Illegal at it's best.

It's illegal for anyone outside the phone company to have such a database, and should you come over this information, you require the written consent of every single user to make it work (good luck with that). After that, you are required to purge the info bar written consent.

To obtain a phone number (forward lookup) here, you need full and exact name and city of residence, at the very least. At the very worst, you'll need exact address, too. Unlisted numbers are non-locatable bar a search order from the police, signed by a judge, based on a dossier containing decent grounds for suspicion.

IIRC, EU law states that all info not held with consent must be purged after a number of months. What was it? 9?

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Tags
espeakcaller