Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by mornage View Post
great work w00t. gonna wait until some of the features are done before i install though as i want to be able to turn on and off when needed or black list cefrtain apps.

am considering creating a linux vm and downloading the sdk if you're offering mentoring. i don't know the first thing about coding though!!!
I'd be glad to.

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Italy
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
I'm really not able to replicate this. At least, assuming we're talking about the same thing: the status area where wifi/etc is enabled/disabled, IM status etc?
yes i'm talking about that status area! btw i'll try to remove and install it again asap

Posts: 478 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
I'd be glad to.
In that case, I now have Kubuntu running on VMware with scratchbox installed and working. I have had a little look at the developers guide and must say i'm a little overwhelmed. Having only done a bit of Visual basic a few years ago it all looks quire complicated, but if you are able to teach me some stuff or point in the right direction, I'll be more than happy to with the features for this app and any others I can get my mitts on!

The Following User Says Thank You to mornage For This Useful Post:
Subscribed.

Glad to see this is being created. Thanks for your work Robin.

The Following User Says Thank You to hawaii For This Useful Post:
HI

i tried to compiler your code, then i got this:

Code:
rotationdaemon.o: In function `RotationDaemon::rotate(int)':
rotationdaemon.cpp:(.text+0x939): undefined reference to `XRRConfigCurrentConfiguration'
rotationdaemon.cpp:(.text+0x94a): undefined reference to `XRRConfigCurrentRate'
rotationdaemon.cpp:(.text+0x975): undefined reference to `XRRTimes'
rotationdaemon.cpp:(.text+0xafb): undefined reference to `XRRSetScreenConfigAndRate'
rotationdaemon.cpp:(.text+0xc0b): undefined reference to `XRRGetScreenInfo'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [rotatedaemon] Error 1
could you tell me which package i should install to resolve this?

The Following User Says Thank You to iamnot For This Useful Post:
Thanks a lot for this app, just thought Id post something I noticed:

Some apps which work correctly with "Ctrl-Shirt-R" rotation do not seem to work correctly with your method. Examples are: Conversations, email, and Sygic maps.

More specifically: With Ctrl-Shift-R, the screen correctly rotates and is the right shape with no black gaps. With your script, the right half of the screen is missing, and there is a big gap below.

Was wondering if you knew why that was...

Thanks a lot for this, I expecially like the portrait menu, which looks very good.

The Following User Says Thank You to FifthFreedom For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mornage View Post
In that case, I now have Kubuntu running on VMware with scratchbox installed and working. I have had a little look at the developers guide and must say i'm a little overwhelmed. Having only done a bit of Visual basic a few years ago it all looks quire complicated, but if you are able to teach me some stuff or point in the right direction, I'll be more than happy to with the features for this app and any others I can get my mitts on!
Hi there,

I realise this is a bit of a complicated overview, but I'm writing this with not little time - there may be a simpler way (Nokia Qt SDK) but I don't have time to check it works - I need to get up at 6am to travel to Oslo tomorrow.

First things first, make sure you've got scratchbox configured to use ARMEL (the architecture of the n900):
sb-conf se FREMANTLE_ARMEL

Next step: you need to install git inside scratchbox (via apt-get). Should be something like:
fakeroot apt-get install git-core
(may be git, I can't remember the package name offhand)

After that, you'll need to 'fork' rotatedaemon's source (so you can do what you want to it.
Go to http://github.com, sign up, then go to http://github.com/rburchell/rotatedaemon once you're logged in and click the 'fork' button on the top right.

It should give you some pointers how to download the code, and you should be able to start digging around.

Familiarise yourself with what is there a bit, start experimenting a little if you want (and if you have the ability to) - feel free to mail me questions directly if you get lost on *anything*, I'm always happy to help:
viroteck@viroteck.net

Note: I'm going to be in Oslo for the next two days, quite busy. So my responses will be slow (if at all) until I get back on Wednesday.

[edit]:
sorry for the really crap instructions, but I really need to get to bed, so no time to write up proper ones or proof-read this. hopefully it gives you some pointers in the right direction.

Last edited by w00t; 2010-06-19 at 22:20.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by iamnot View Post
HI

i tried to compiler your code, then i got this:

Code:
rotationdaemon.o: In function `RotationDaemon::rotate(int)':
rotationdaemon.cpp:(.text+0x939): undefined reference to `XRRConfigCurrentConfiguration'
rotationdaemon.cpp:(.text+0x94a): undefined reference to `XRRConfigCurrentRate'
rotationdaemon.cpp:(.text+0x975): undefined reference to `XRRTimes'
rotationdaemon.cpp:(.text+0xafb): undefined reference to `XRRSetScreenConfigAndRate'
rotationdaemon.cpp:(.text+0xc0b): undefined reference to `XRRGetScreenInfo'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [rotatedaemon] Error 1
could you tell me which package i should install to resolve this?
Should be libxrandr-dev.

Originally Posted by FifthFreedom View Post
Thanks a lot for this app, just thought Id post something I noticed:

Some apps which work correctly with "Ctrl-Shirt-R" rotation do not seem to work correctly with your method. Examples are: Conversations, email, and Sygic maps.

More specifically: With Ctrl-Shift-R, the screen correctly rotates and is the right shape with no black gaps. With your script, the right half of the screen is missing, and there is a big gap below.

Was wondering if you knew why that was...

Thanks a lot for this, I expecially like the portrait menu, which looks very good.
Filed as: http://github.com/rburchell/rotateda...ssues/#issue/5

Wow this rotation was fast! I thought that the standard rotation was so laggy because the OS is to slow but I guess I was wrong... Wonder how nokias variant is so bad. I noticed one bug and when I am using qexercise the font get huge :O

Tags
orientation, rotation