Active Topics

Notices

Couple of questions about pidgin, and some weirdness I have experienced with it.

a. In my status selector, you know, available, away, etc. I at one point typed something in there for status, but made a few mistakes on what to put in there...and now i have like 3 or 4 poorly worded statuses on there, including the one that I initially wanted to make. I looked around, but i cant seem to find a way to GET RID OF THEM! there is an option for new status, or saved status, but i never went to the new button to create any...so why are they stuck there??? Its really aggravating.

b.Also, i started using pidgin because of the obvious reasons, it doesn't clutter your normal contacts, but one thing i have not been able to discover is a way to make pidgin start on phone start-up...seems like this should be an option somewhere...or can i program my phone through xserver to make it do this?

I've found a couple of posts that mention this, but I'm not sure which would be best to use/try...any recommendations?

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=19062

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=655034

c. And, i noticed something else that is rather aggravating! After a clean reboot of the phone(power off and on, Pidgin is not running yet) I go to apps, then I go to pidgin, and start it up, and then i just get a black screen, that includes the phone status bar n clock at the top.

If i hit the top left desktop button, it will show an active window for buddy list, but there is nothing in it. If i click on that, it then shows me a blank desktop screen ( ie my wallpaper ) with the phone status and clock, but what i guess is actually happening, is that pidgin is really there, but none of pidgin is displaying, its invisible, cause if i click on any of the space on that screen, say...where one of my buddies might be, i get a new to: message box to that buddy! if i close that window, which i can actually see, then pidgin just goes back to being invisible! ARGGG!!!

edit: it seems that if i go to the pidgin status plug-in from the main phone status tile to access pidgin, after initial start of pidgin, the invisibility glitch is corrected...

edit: that correction only happened once, every time i have tried it after a reboot, it has not worked.

After experiencing this, I decided to uninstall everything about pidgin, with reboots after each process. And then reinstalling pidgin again...rebooting, and then reinstalling the pidgin status for maemo plug-in...something i did notice though, is that the previous settings i had for pidgin were still there, and my avatar picture was there as well...so there must be something that i did not uninstall...

After doing that, on the very first run of pidgin it works just fine, but each time after that point the same weirdness happens.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

has noone experienced this? i find it kind of hard to believe that I'm the only one...

I forgot that I made this thread until i wanted to IM over aim today....so really, no one has ever experienced this before?