Active Topics

could this solve the no audio from sygic when bluetooth connected to car issue? would love an app similar to bluezwitch

i have some little speakers that are really loud on my laptop but on my n900 pretty quiet is there a gain on the mixer control that could make it louder and if so how?
thanks

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
A nice solution to make an easy switch on the desktop is this:
1. Install Custom Command execution widget
2. Add a new command named 'Speaker On'
Code:
amixer -c0 cset numid=55 On ; amixer -c0 cset numid=61 On ; amixer -c0 cset numid=64 1 ; amixer -c0 cset numid=10 80
3. Set the width to 0.16 screen size
4. add it to the desktop

If you want to turn the speaker off just unplug the jack and plug it again, or make another command
Code:
amixer -c0 cset numid=64 0
________
Roll Blunts

Last edited by qwazix; 2011-08-21 at 10:38.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
I improved the script a bit so that now it is substantially louder

warning!may blow up your speaker. Use with caution. the old one seems safe though.

Code:
amixer -c0 cset numid=55 On
amixer -c0 cset numid=61 On
amixer -c0 cset numid=64 1 
amixer -c0 cset numid=10 120
amixer -c0 cset numid=13 100

Last edited by qwazix; 2013-03-14 at 18:36.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 123 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Portugal
I've used the old script for a while till my right speaker blow up.
Isn't this dangerous? cause when you activate this the speakers gains more loudness that in the default maximum...

I don't think so, the only reason I searched a little bit more is because the full volume without the tvout jack on was louder than with it. I admit though I didn't compare it to see if the result is the same or louder. Also I don't know why when I set the value in the script to 100 for the 10th variable (hp dac i think) the value in alsamixer gets up to 80, so I set it to 120. The old one though was way too silent, it can't be the reason for blowing your speaker up.

Last edited by qwazix; 2013-03-14 at 18:37.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Portugal
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
I don't think so, the only reason I searched a little bit more is because the full volume without the tvout jack on was louder than with it. I admit though I didn't compare it to see if the result is the same or louder. Also I don't know why when I set the value in the script to 100 for the 10th variable (hp dac i think) the value in alsamixer gets up to 80, so I set it to 120. The old one though was way too silent, it can't be the reason for blowing your speaker up.
It could be the reason for it because i took the old script and changed it to my needs, so i've used the old script with the 120 value, and not with the 80 as discribed before...and i noticed that the speakers gains more loudness with this and in some musics i could hear the speakers strugling...until one of them just become silent...

sorry for the bad english

Originally Posted by SSLMM View Post
It could be the reason for it because i took the old script and changed it to my needs, so i've used the old script with the 120 value, and not with the 80 as discribed before...and i noticed that the speakers gains more loudness with this and in some musics i could hear the speakers strugling...until one of them just become silent...

sorry for the bad english
hmmm I'll edit the post with a big fat warning...

Note:
if you dont set numid=13 to 100 one speaker is louder than the other. Maybe that's why only one blew away...

Last edited by qwazix; 2013-03-14 at 18:37.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post: