Aaaargh ! Could somebody not set this up in an applet or status bar dropdown for the rest of us ?

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
What is the option in about:config? i can not find.
please help.

Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
Can someone please explain what we are talking about here to this naive

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Denmark
Text reflow is when you zoom in, the text displays adjusts to fit your screen.. So you are not panning from right to left all day to read an article etc.

Actually, for the N900, it works the other way around. On normal text size settings with Maemo.org for instance, ZOOMING OUT reflows text, so that you won't get those empty boxes on the left and right when you zoom out.

Handy when you wanna tap "LAST" on thousand long threads, or making forms fit the screen.

But the "automatic focus on address bar" setting messes with this. Try doing Ctrl+Shift+i while NOT in full screen or with the above setting turned off.

After that, zoom out.

Not eyesight friendly, but useful nonetheless lol.

Last edited by eiraku; 2010-06-21 at 13:52.

The Following User Says Thank You to eiraku For This Useful Post:
Posts: 263 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ wales
interesting ur way works, but useless when it doesnt reflow the text any other time than when you zoom out.

Originally Posted by dscobsct View Post
interesting ur way works, but useless when it doesnt reflow the text any other time than when you zoom out.
True, but like I said above, mostly useful when you just can't reach that "LAST" link on Maemo.org. Usually happens on the OC thread lol.

Also when important web form fields get covered up with other web elements, in which case it's reflow, zoom out, whip out Tab stylus (yeah, I have a large supply of 5800 style Tab stylus straps on hand lol) and profit.

Seems that MicroB has a hardcoded minimum limit for text reflow. Probably to keep websites from looking like a horrible mess at higher zoom levels, as I've usually experienced with other reflow browsers (ol' symbian UCWeb comes to mind). I could use another few levels of zoom and reflow before the limit kicks in though.

It's much more useful in normal use using the "LARGER" font setting, though that generally messes up web formatting.

Last edited by eiraku; 2010-06-21 at 17:55.

Text reflow is the feature that stops microb from being the only browser that I need to use. When I am reading sites with lots of text in a wide format I use Opera. I can't wait to get an easy or permanent control for text reflow in microb.