Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 195 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Switzerland
Hi Guys

Somebody know if its possible to install something on the N900 to read the ebooks with the Adobe Files on a N900 ?! Will be great to mod the N900 to a Ebook Reader as well ?!

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by PipoXtreme View Post
Hi Guys

Somebody know if its possible to install something on the N900 to read the ebooks with the Adobe Files on a N900 ?! Will be great to mod the N900 to a Ebook Reader as well ?!

Your PDF viewer should open those fine, and actually acts as a great Ereader... for PDF's anyways

There's FBReader as well, which reads a bunch of different formats (epub, mobi, fb2 etc etc). It'll reflow text to suit the display - I've read quite a few books with it. It won't handle encrypted epub files, but some research could provide you with a way to work around that.

but I become an ebook as acsm file - how I can load /read this file ... on my Notebook there isn't a file which I can copy to my SD card ?!?@

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 274 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
You have to use Adobe Digital Editions to open your acsm-file first. That should then download the actual book in normal PDF-format.

FBreader doesn't read DRM protected epub files. There is no application for the N900 that supports that. So your options are either to stick with the public domain epub books or to strip the DRM from your purchased books. Of course stripping DRM is illegal and will summon the devil etc. - it's probably a worse crime than murder these days.

hmm the pdf file I move to the N900 but when I open it there come a window where I have to put in a password ...