Posts: 195 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ SF Bay Area, United States
Has anyone noticed the pre-alpha MeeGo UI for tablets?

After looking at this video (for tablet UI), some of the details mentioned in the handset UI guidelines like taskbar, grid menu etc. can be visualized.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqeeQ...layer_embedded

Maintainer of Markets Today (Yahoo Finance based desktop widget/app)

Posts: 431 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Looks cool, but for sure more resources consuming stuff. I don't think N900 will handle as smooth as maemo. Or they have something different for mobiles...

F*** I think i just wet myself. I hope this comes to N900.

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Dubai, UAE
Originally Posted by scifi.guy View Post

After looking at this video (for tablet UI), some of the details mentioned in the handset UI guidelines like taskbar, grid menu etc. can be visualized.

I just saw that, came here to post about it and you beat me to it !! looks sweet and pretty much what I was expecting from a tablet !!

Widescreen, Multitouch, HD video playback, dynamic UI with widgets, Multitasking ! and most of all OPEN SOURCE !! just epic, can't wait for it, looking forward for the mobile UI to release soon !!

Cheers
Jackie

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel.

Wow, that looks so good (:
| DonateMe - If you feel I helped you in a very good way, feel free to donate |

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel.
I can almost feel the pure link to the N900 in this paragraph

Applications can overwrite default changes. However, it is highly recommended that all Application provide both portrait and landscape mode. The main reason is the form factor of some available MeeGo devices. In a devices with a slide hardware Qwerty, the landscape experience becomes key, and somehow extended. Therefore, the user shouldn’t be forced to change orientation to complete a task. Playing a game is one of the few exceptions to this rules, as its experience flow does not require (in most cases) the use of any other application.
| DonateMe - If you feel I helped you in a very good way, feel free to donate |

Posts: 195 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ SF Bay Area, United States
At 1:07 into the video, I see Google Maps.

Please tell me Google (or someone) has been working on porting Google Maps to Qt/Meego.

Maintainer of Markets Today (Yahoo Finance based desktop widget/app)

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by pelago View Post
If an app has a toolbar, rather strangely this will appear at the top of the window in landscape and at the bottom in portrait. I'm not sure why both orientations don't have the toolbar in the same place.
Because on landscape mode short toolbars are fitted into the title bar's empty space, while on portrait mode they appear under the window contents like in Fremantle.

As I was saying you can see quite a lot of this stuff in the MeeGoTouch demos...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
At 1:07 into the video, I see Google Maps.

Please tell me Google (or someone) has been working on porting Google Maps to Qt/Meego.
That's Google Earth, not Maps, and it has allways been Qt based.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 218 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany , Thüringen
looks really good i hope we will see it one day at our N900 Devices maybe this can put some Live back into the whole N900 Community and Development.

I would like to know what Device they used for there Demo. I guess this wasnt a N900 right?

Last edited by crown77; 2010-06-22 at 08:15.