Active Topics

Any reason why testing and voting has been so incredibly slow in the last weeks? Lacking manpower or people just moved to other more interesting tasks?

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
@torpedo48,
How do you make your suggestion lists?

I'm just wondering because I thought that maybe we/you/whoever should make these testing list by their own preferences and try to market them. I do not entirely like idea where all packages are considered as important as others. I see whole extras as one part of maemo "brand" and especially devel quality image. So how it sounds if for example i did list with some describing why packages x is so awesome that it should be voted to extras.

I'm having little issues on voting themes and apps that IMO are just too ugly to represent extras quality and on the other hand apps that i do not see any usage to.

Posts: 246 | Thanked: 204 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Potsdam (Germany)
Originally Posted by csaavedra View Post
Any reason why testing and voting has been so incredibly slow in the last weeks? Lacking manpower or people just moved to other more interesting tasks?
The biggest problem with the testing queue is that everyone who is willing to give feedback has to poll the package pages again and again. There is no RSS feed and only the package owner or developer is getting a notification if someone comments.

This should be fixed as soon as possible:
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6914

Also this should be implemented to keep people on track in the testing queue area:
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=9759

I personally would like to have a notification system which allows me to select applications or packages and to get a message if there is a new package ready to test. At the moment I'm installing a new package in the device and forgot to vote.

What's your opinion?

Me on twitter

The Following User Says Thank You to jukey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Time for new testing thread?

I think that testers have done wonderful job on these packages. Keep up the good work!

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Hi everyone, I've just created a new list, hope it's alright:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...265#post738265

Thanks for the good work, we have worked nicely with this thread!

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by jukey View Post
What's your opinion?
Just to follow up on this - vote for the bugs above. I agree that the interface is a bit cumbersome and hope that we can sneak in some testing-squad functionality into appdownloader and/or appwatch.