I got an SMS from Voda yesterday saying that my prices are now on my SMS menu in the about section, however you dont have an SMS menu on the n900

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Coventry, UK
i just tested....

woot!

http://www.speedtest.net/result/854779997.png

http://pininthemap.com/maemo
masterpin: shotgun

Still want to be charged! Come on Vodafone charge me ffs!

Posts: 295 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Manchester, UK
Originally Posted by Snaps View Post
I got lots of warnings now. Im just waiting for them to charge me and im out of the contract
sorry to latch onto this thread late but im a vodafone uk users and on an 18month contract (12months left).
i usually go over 1.2GB of data each month and have unlimited data usage with my contract. l got a text last week sayin i was over my limit of 500mb? i haven't bothered reply to the text or called vodafone, have just ignored it up until now.

will i be charged for this? also is their a clause to get out of my contract if they do charge me?

sorry if this question has been asked before...

nath

Nath - as I unerstand it, the only time you need to call vodafone is when the text says they will start to charge you. If what they charge you is over 10% of your previous bill I believe, you can then cancel you contract for free, no penalties and move to someone else.

If this is incorrect - please can someone comment but beleive thius is so based on this thread and that on moneysavinsgexpert.

I am going to force the issue by downloading 750mb a day and see what happens.

Scott

The Following User Says Thank You to slewis1972 For This Useful Post:
i have used
saved £44.56 by using your inclusive minutes
sent 424 text messages
sent 1 picture or multimedia message
made 1.346GB of mobile browsing + data calls
this month.
This is manly down to installing the new V1.2 and re-downloading all the apps again rather then restoring a backup.

i did receive an TXT saying i have gone over my allowance but will not be charged and they have not charged me this month.

i am guessing next month i will use about 800-900MB. so lets see if VF will contact me when i go over and if they will charge me.

Slightly off topic but does nayone know the impact of having to claim on insurance. i may have just dropped my phone down the toilet and would still plan on cancelling if they charge but dont want them to say i cant as i claimed last month etc etc.

Cant believe i dropped in down the toilet :|

Originally Posted by Neegs View Post
Slightly off topic but does nayone know the impact of having to claim on insurance. i may have just dropped my phone down the toilet and would still plan on cancelling if they charge but dont want them to say i cant as i claimed last month etc etc.

Cant believe i dropped in down the toilet :|

I don't think this will affect anything for you.

Has a recommended replacement unlimited data contract been determined yet?

Most (all?) UK contracts now appear to be hard-capped at 1gb, which from what I've read on here (and in my own case) would still mean getting charged for 'out of bundle' data due to using more than 1gb a month.

Are VF just waiting till the market has removed all Unlimited deals before they charge, meaning that customers have no real choice but to cough up?

I am following the logic that I should use the phone as intended (i.e. unlimited) but I'm not sure of what happens if we cancel when they do. If there is 'nowhere to run' to get a better deal, then it seems a slightly pointless exercise...

Not really as you have a lot more options

If Vodaphone never charge me other than sending anoying text then i dont care.

If they do charge me then;

- you will ahve a £300-£400 handset you can sell. Then get a new contract and a new phone.
- you may really like the N900 and want to keep it for the length of you new contract. In this case you have an even more expensive phone that you can seell
- you may want the N900 to play about with, see what Meego is like but keep your new Phone as a main phone.

All of the above will be subject to a Gig hard cap. So what, if you are gonna be charged for going over a 500mg FUP anyway, this is a win win situation in my eyes

The Following User Says Thank You to Neegs For This Useful Post:

Tags
vodafone con