Been all over the N800 forum and tried several searches using Google but can't find the correct setting/value to get the camera app to launch when the camera comes out.

This link helped me stop the IM from launching but the setting to get the camera app going doesn't work.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=153039

I even tried a few variations but to no avail.

Where else should I look?

TIA

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
The "camera" application I'm using is version 3.5 and have the latest community SSU upgrade for Diablo.

I was using "knips" before but somehow this was experiencing the same non-response like you're reporting with the "camera" app.

Not sure about this. If you want, maybe I could give me my gconf settings file. Just tell me where to find it and I'll post this for you.

Cheers.

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
If you're speaking about the application called "camera", you do realize that it must be manually launched, yes?

If you're talking about something else, well, you even have me a little confused then.

Originally Posted by raanders View Post
Been all over the N800 forum and tried several searches using Google but can't find the correct setting/value to get the camera app to launch when the camera comes out.

This link helped me stop the IM from launching but the setting to get the camera app going doesn't work.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=153039

I even tried a few variations but to no avail.

Where else should I look?

TIA
Please note that the instructions in post #49 are for video-camera app not camera.

Preventing the Internet call app from launching can be done from the setting of the app, no need for gconf editor:
Internet call>tools>settings>start when camera launched (check/uncheck)

The Following User Says Thank You to giladmttw For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera, gconfedit, launch