Notices

Posts: 327 | Thanked: 249 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Λεμεσιανός, ρε!
Originally Posted by laurenward1990 View Post
I hope someone will reply,
Does this cost, normally MMS messages cost extra, im just wondering if it costs, or whether it is sent through the internet for free.

Also i sent a picture to someone to tes that mine worked, it did but then a message came up saying: "message was deleted due to no legal rules found for this media"
Can anyone explain this please? Thanks.
It sends a normal MMS. If your provider charges you for MMS, you will be charged by your provider

The Following User Says Thank You to skalogre For This Useful Post:
app is great and was working fine until it updated the other day, to version 1.1.9 now i cant send a mms it trys to send one but, it comes up with

operation failed
MMSC: 200_OK
BODY : J

all settings are correct it just since it updated itself it wont send

I have tried it now for some time and still can't get it to work. I have the latest update as of yesterday. Have not checked today.

When trying to download a MMS, I use polite mode, it asks to change connection and it changes to Telenor MMS and then it just says Downloading MMS waiting like 5-10minutes and still nothing. I have tried longer as well. But nothing.

So I have to kill the application. Is there any common misstake that I might have made?

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
i cant save recieved messages so i need to uninstall this, and i cant delete the fmms internet connection that i set up, the delete button is greyed out, when ever i leave my home the fmms internet connection becomes active, but i dont want it to, i want my vodafone internet connection to be automatically set instead, i did set up this vodafone internet connection as i read that the last connection setup becomes the one that automaticaly set, but thats not happening, wish id never installed this app now, im ceartainly never going to use it if theres a charge,

@leetut; you can save received MMS. you just have to hold down on the picture for a couple of seconds and you should get a window which says Open File, you open that then you can then do with it what you want save, rename as any other picture

@leetut: Did you know what a MMS is? Obviously there is a charge for every MMS you send, like for SMS (indeed it is usually much expensive for MMS). You are using your provider's network for sending MMS, like all the other mobile phone brands do. fMMS only provides a feature that N900 lacks, but it cannot make miracles. If you do not want to pay (and you have an accesible free WiFi), send an e-mail.

P.D. To delete the MMS access point, you can download fAPN and delete it.

Posts: 601 | Thanked: 549 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Redditch, UK
Originally Posted by gwailo67 View Post
Reset all settings:
gconftool-2 -R /apps/fmms|grep apn
Should return: apn = xxxx
gconftool-2 --recursive-unset /system/osso/connectivity/IAP/xxxx
gconftool-2 --recursive-unset /apps/fmms

After this, just send yourself a mms and you will also receive it(hopefully)

Infact, I would recommend this to be the FIRST troubleshoot you should try, if you believe your settings to be correct.
Tried this with polite, rude and havoc connection and got the following;

Operation failed
(-2 'Name or service not known')
Please check your settings.

Checked out my settings and completely reconfigured my APN using fAPN - deleted the standard "MMS" APN and created a new "Vodafone MMS" APN, then configured it as per the wiki and then got the following;

Operation failed
(-3 'Temporary failure in name resolution')
Please check your settings.

Ok so now got to the bottom of it..... Then I had to reconfigure all the settings within the application as well - as I had deleted the relevant APN it had cleared all the settings in fMMS pertinent to the previous APN.

@leetut - use fAPN to delete the "MMS" APN and then reconfigure the APN after creating a new one. Worked for me and can select which connection I want to use by changing connections in the settings menu to "Always ask".

Hope this helps anyone else having issues with this great app.......

I can send pics just fine. It also seems to retrieve them fine, or at least stays connected long enough for me to assume that it is downloading the pic but then fails to decode it properly, Then fMMS claims "Content type not supported. Part media1.jpeg is removed" and only displays any text that was sent with the message.

I'm using fMMS 1.1.9 on Viaero in USA.

log attached (I had to remove the leading portion to fit under the forum's size limit. If you think the part I removed may contain any relevant info, I will email it to you in its entirety.)

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: txt fmms.log.txt (18.6 KB, 262 views)

mine has stopped working on vodafone UK,used to work no problem now it tries for ages and then says operation timed out,please check settings i checked the configuration and all seems ok??

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
works for me good too.but my friends cant see the message that is with.dont know why.any ideas?

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Tags
bada rox, bada rulez, fmms, mms, mms config, n900, python