Posts: 19 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Cluj, RO
Originally Posted by Lars View Post
  • If the client certificate/key is already installed in your PC's browser, export it into a PKCS#12 file (.p12 file extension). Pick an appropriate password when exporting as this will be the one used on your N900 as well.

Vote for the following bug to get the missing features added to the Certificate Manager:
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6738
PKCS#7 worked for me as it was the only option when exporting. Emailed it and opened the attachment to install. Worked like a charm. Voted for the bug.

Thanks,

Vlad

www.nistor.co.uk

Last edited by VladNistor; 2010-04-15 at 13:06. Reason: Added extra info

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Germany
Had also problems to import a pem-cert-file. Downloaded the cert file via browser saved as 'chain.pem', file manager showed details instead of importing because it hided '.txt' of the document file name!

Changed that over terminal and importing of real file 'chain.pem' worked!

Thomas aka thessy

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Germany
With Maemo 5 Version 10.2010.19-1 you can import (untested yet) certificate under 'settings' > 'certificate manager'

Thomas aka thessy

I also have the same issue with certificates and MfE synching.
It seems clear to import the self certificated cert. from IE7 like described in http://fwd4.me/Yy7.
The import seems to work well, the N900 accepts the certificate and I can see it in the N900 settings (Cert manager on the top of the list under the group "user" above "certification sites").

Unfortunately MfE syncing still doesn't work. It remains with the same error message something like "exch server needs a secure connection or the account is deactivated".

It seems, that the certificate is there, but the Mail Client doesn't see it. A problem of rights maybe ?
Read something about CA-field but couldn't figure out that with the German Browser.

I checked the hole internet and I'm lost now. The iphone works well

Have Swiss/German language with PR1.2, MfE 2007

Add Note: when using the mail wizard MfE in the N900 it comes with an error that says the certificate is not valid (as if it would not be there) with options to stop or ignore. I assume it should say nothing as the cert. is already imported.
Ignoring will lead to the above mentioned message

thanks

Last edited by rumeo; 2010-07-29 at 19:23.

My server uses a self signed server certificate. I have now updated the certificate after it expired. The certificate was originally imported to the firefox browser and I have been using it for 12 months. Now that the certificate is updated, the Firefox browser in Maemo 5 in the N900 won't allow me to browse to my site. I have looked in manage certificates but that only seems to have certificate authorities in it rather than site certificates. How do I remove the old certificate from Firefox in Maemo 5 so it will install the new certificate ?