Active Topics

I've started this thread, ideally, so that I can give my thanks to both the developers and the loyal community.

I don't post much at all. It's one of the drawbacks of being self employed that I'm constantly busy.

I often come to the maemo.org website for information on my N900 and have found thus far to be exceptionally helpful. One of my favorite things about meamo.org is you don't seem to have attracted the type of posted that is sacastic, unhelpful and quite adept at starting a flamewar, diverting from the op and ruining the topic.

Everyone here seems intent on proving thier worth in a constuctive and helpful manner which are exceptionally good qualities to have.

So, I would like to say my thanks here, to you now whilst on my lunch break, a small thank you - though it is, I THANK YOU!

THankyou very much developers, testers and community for working together to see that this N900 device is as good as it can be. THankyou for troubleshooting problems. THankyou for developing apps that allow the N900 to integrate into so many other things like gmail, gps, irc etc...

Thankyou for being patient with us less able. Thankyou for being such nice people.

Special thanks to the developers who work so so hard.

Keep it up maemo.org you're doing a great service to the web, the users of the N900, unix/linux based devices and much much more.

I'm sure many other people feel the same way.

Dave

Last edited by sprite; 2010-06-24 at 12:47.

The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to sprite For This Useful Post:
Posts: 46 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Lebanon
This is my first post, but i'm a long time reader.
I agree with Dave, although i've seen lots of bad vibes in some threads, but this is what everyone needs sometimes. A thank you and a smile from time to time. Thank you Dave for the initiative.

Keep up the positive & constructive vibes everyone

Originally Posted by sprite View Post
One of my favorite things about meamo.org is you don't seem to have attracted the type of posted that is sacastic, unhelpful and quite adept at starting a flamewar, diverting from the op and ruining the topic.
I need to find the URL of this site, it sounds great

In all seriousness, thanks - even though I am one of those sarcastic unhelpful types.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to schettj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 138 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
I too am one of those who never post on these forums, and I have to agree with the OP on every aspect. This community has truly helped to unlock a greater deal of my N900s potential than I could ever have expected. So many thanks (especially to all the very talented developers hanging around here) from me as well!

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
thank you [op] and thanks everyone

i have owned the n900 for 3 weeks and this site has really been a great help. big thanks to everyone here.

I am an average user with the n900 and I can sometimes figure things out for myself. If I need help with something I know I can always find the answers here. Be it if I am starting a new thread or find the answer in someone else's post, this community is always helpful!

So a big THANKS!