Posts: 129 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ New York, NY
Here's the most used guide around: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=774

But there are some other threads with other overclocking kernels. Good luck let us know how it works out for you!

Just show him the huge Nokia sign on the side of the phone, then tell him to Google it so he know's who the true king of smartphones are . Nokia run's the world in phone sales....well last time I checked they did :/....but ya run a skype video chat and watch him cry...then go to the web browser and pull out the mouse and highlight some thing lol.

Just don't challenge him to a front camera quality test. I already tried that challenge against the Evo and got laughed at by the three spectators.

The Following User Says Thank You to j-a-k For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Erm... ask him how his phone would work overseas perhaps?
Yeah for sure. US people have /got/ to stop buying into CDMA. It is holding you back and so the rest of us.

Better of putting your dollars into a gsm network even with poorer coverage so CDMA can go the way of the dodo finally.

.... install itrecco (the ifra red thing) and use your phone as a TV remote controller

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
study well, work hard, do things smart... own him in what matters.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 323 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Southern Oregon Coast
Originally Posted by paulkoan View Post
Yeah for sure. US people have /got/ to stop buying into CDMA. It is holding you back and so the rest of us.

Better of putting your dollars into a gsm network even with poorer coverage so CDMA can go the way of the dodo finally.
I'm sorry but this is exactly the reason I won't own an N900.

I am not on, nor do I ever intend to be on GSM.

I love my Sprint/CDMA service.

And I don't travel outside of the US.

So for me, my little Samsung Moment and my N810 are a great pair.

For what it's worth, I would be interested in the EVO due to many things. My biggest issue with the Moment is the small screen size.
However, I have really settled into the idea of carrying two separate devices.

Just my opinion...

Forgot to mention the price point of the N900 is now beyond ridiculous. With so many devices that pretty much all do the same thing, the EVO at $200 with that much screen real estate allows people to step into the smartphone game and get alot for their money.

Last edited by coosbaytv; 2010-06-24 at 15:47.

I would try and sync your N900 with your computer. No phone can compare to the N900 when it comes to syncing to a pc. No, i'm being serious.

Also, I would start playing a podcast or video and then close the media player and reopen it. Just to show them how the N900 remembers playback position in the media player.

Those are just some of the basic things that the N900 can't do properly out of the box.

Don't talk about pwning someone until your phone can do the basics.

Just whip out you d*ck. Surely, that'll shut him up.

The Following User Says Thank You to nosa101 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
Challenge him to a duel, with your missile shaped n900 as your weapon against his anorexic Evo you will show him who's the boss

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imperiallight For This Useful Post: