Active Topics

I am just concerned that the new iPhone would discourage people from holding the phone the way they want to...which would be really really bad....

Apple bumper does solve the reception issue completely and phone sill looks cool.

Apps are great, iTunes works completely, maps have guidance and traffic and best of all - I still havent charged it and have had several calls, several albums and spent a lot of time on the internet. I am now at half charge.

If I did that with the N900 (I sold it on eBay) I would need to recharge at least every night. Sometimes I recharged by lunchtime at work so needed a cable wherever I went.

Brill battery - and I am not missing my N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to bob68 For This Useful Post:
I wonder what happens if you bridge the antenna with your tongue, whilst on a call. Will it tingle?
Agro ... : |#---------] Relic(s) : N900, MacBookPro, NSLU2, N800, SheevaPlug, Eee-901, Core2-Quad, PS3
"In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they're not."
--
Beware of extras-devel.

The Following User Says Thank You to fnordianslip For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Here's a video of going way past first base with the new iPhone.. Oh, and i invoke godwin's law too:

http://www.9to5mac.com/node/18614

Oh btw fnordianslip, if you lick it... It'll taste like........ Magic.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Last edited by ysss; 2010-06-26 at 12:48.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 186 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by fnordianslip View Post
I wonder what happens if you bridge the antenna with your tongue, whilst on a call. Will it tingle?
The frequencies involved should be way too high for our nerves to react to it.

The only feelable effect from such high-frequency current would be tissue heating due to P=UI. But the current in this case would be so small, it's unlikely that it's possible to feel it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juise- For This Useful Post:
Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by bob68 View Post
Apple bumper does solve the reception issue completely and phone sill looks cool.
So Apple stupidly makes the antenna a steel band so it's touched by bare hands, trashing reception - then charges you friggin' $30 for a simple plastic band-aid fix for it and you're ok with that? Well, then clearly you're just the kind of buyer the Emperor Jobs is looking for.

And, no the phone does not still look cool. It looks like a mistake.
Registered Linux user #266531.

The Following User Says Thank You to Crashdamage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
So they started selling the phone on Thursday and already one day later are selling the plastic band fix already? Sorry this sounds as if Apple had been aware of that problem and it was all planned. The (negative) PR will (for free for Apple) bring the word out to everyone that the iPhone4 is there, and the 30$ fix is pure additional $$. It sounds like deliberate and evil market abuse to me.

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
So they started selling the phone on Thursday and already one day later are selling the plastic band fix already? Sorry this sounds as if Apple had been aware of that problem and it was all planned.
Planned? - I doubt it, just stupid. But they no doubt were aware.

The (negative) PR will (for free for Apple) bring the word out to everyone that the iPhone4 is there, and the 30$ fix is pure additional $$. It sounds like deliberate and evil market abuse to me.
Deliberate? - I doubt it, just stupid. Evil market abuse to charge a ridiculous amount for a plastic band-aid fix for their own stupidity? Absolutely!
Certainty that iSheeple would pay for them like crack addicts rather than demand bands for free or give up their iPhones in protest? Absolutely!

Emperor Jobs email answer to "Don't hold it that way." makes Monkey Boy Ballmer look like a nice guy. And Gates with his charity causes looks like a saint.

Years ago I never thought I'd be saying this, but any more Apple just make me wanna puke.
Registered Linux user #266531.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crashdamage For This Useful Post:
It's not as big an issue as you make out - have you tried the iPhone 4 reception issue yourself I wonder? I can tell you the Nokia's do the same if you hold then in a particular area.

As for Nokia - having pooped on the N97 hardware (GPS, scratched camera lens, software bugs, memory corruption), N900 (dodgy connector) they abandon Maemo, No OVI maps for N900, No MMS, OVI Suite which is incomplete and 6 months late, etc etc and then Nokia tell you that Meego isn't coming to N900 - and you'll go right ahead and buy another Nokia?

It's upto personal preference - name a smartphone which is perfect in every way? I bought the phone and bumper on the 15th pre-registration. The bumper wasn't knee jerk - I want to protect the glass without the need for a screen protector.

Originally Posted by bob68 View Post
It's not as big an issue as you make out - have you tried the iPhone 4 reception issue yourself I wonder? I can tell you the Nokia's do the same if you hold then in a particular area.
sorry never had that problem

As for Nokia - having pooped on the N97 hardware (GPS, scratched camera lens, software bugs, memory corruption), N900 (dodgy connector) they abandon Maemo, No OVI maps for N900, No MMS, OVI Suite which is incomplete and 6 months late, etc etc and then Nokia tell you that Meego isn't coming to N900 - and you'll go right ahead and buy another Nokia?
N900 is certainly far from being perfect but works as intended. I don't give a dam about meego, ovi maps is working on my phone unless i'm allucinating (i couldnt care less about voice navigation either) and my connector works perfectly. All the things you mentioned were not something I was promised when I bought the phone. I bought the N900 for what I knew it did, not for what some people on some forums could argue might be delivered in two years time. We could argue for hours about how Nokia treat their clients but they've never asked me to spend 30 dollars on top of what i already paid for my expensive device just to be able to make phone calls.

I really hope this is Apple's peak where its empire starts declining. If Meego turns out to be a flop, I'd much rather see Android or Blackberry devices taking market leadership.

Steve Jobs is a f-ing more-on.

I rest my case.

Last edited by orcocan; 2010-06-26 at 22:26.

Tags
bestthreadever, form > function, h8'ers gon' h8, isheeps, worstthreadever