Active Topics

I had problem first that if "normal" Internet-APN is active, MMS-APN cannot be used. I must manually change connection in the connection manager of the status menu, or MMS won't get/send anything.

The Following User Says Thank You to zimon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 193 | Thanked: 201 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Subotica, Serbia
Originally Posted by thefoxtrot View Post
My question now is about downloading MMS messages sent to me. I received an MMS 12 days ago but did not attempt to open it. I had my gf send an MMS today and I downloaded those perfectly. But I can't download the 12 day old MMS.
I think, at least on my carrier (Serbia, Telenor), MMSs are deleted after a few days from the system if they are not downloaded, just like SMS-es. In my old phone there's a settings for message validity, probably has something to do after how much time to delete the message.
Maybe it's the problem with your 12 day old one.

Last edited by mmlado; 2010-03-27 at 10:00.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mmlado For This Useful Post:
Posts: 144 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cali
Originally Posted by mmlado View Post
I think, at least on my carrier (Serbia, Telenor), MMSs are deleted after a few days from the system if they are not downloaded, just like SMS-es. In my old phone there's a settings for message validity, probably has something to do after how much time to delete the message.
Maybe it's the problem with your 12 day old one.
Ok.That sounds possible. Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to thefoxtrot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 59 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Portugal
I need some help please.

I'm on Vodafone Portugal, i've configured Fapn and Fmms the right way but i keep receiving the errors:

Downloading MMS: "Fail to download"
Sending: Error -2 name or service not know please make sure your apn settings are correct

I'm sure they're correct. I've used the 2 ports (8799 and the other one)

I'm connected to the server (i can see the little icon with 2 arrows) but it's impossible to use... Someone on Vodafone Portugal with the software working can help me?

The Following User Says Thank You to sinetype For This Useful Post:
Posts: 59 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Portugal
I also have wifi switcher but with it on or off it's not working either.

The Following User Says Thank You to sinetype For This Useful Post:
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wigan, UK
I dont receive an error message, it just say "downloading mms" for awhile (couple of mins) then that goes away, and it doesnt do anything else.

Although it seems temperamental as sometimes i can get them, but only after many, many, many tries.

Does anyone have any idea's on what i can try please? Cheers.

The Following User Says Thank You to kaos_king For This Useful Post:
oK so I followed the wiki guide for tmobile usa califonia also since im here in cali and on these step:

3.fMMS Setting
1.Open fMMS, you will be prompt to put in a APN
2.Enter in your newly create APN (Tmo-mms) *Case sensitive
3.In MMSC, enter http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
4.In Resize image, enter 300 or something lower (don't know how high is max)
5.Enter your phone number at last (without dash)
6.Hit SAVE

The fmms app doesnt give me a place to put it my own phone number, but I did succesfully sent a test picture to my wife phone. So is putting in my own phone number in settings important and where is it it anyways?

Also first of all I dont have a data plan on my tmobile service at all so I just use wifi, or sometimes connect to the free tmobile apn I created i foun dhere in the forums where you can conenct to espn, cnnn, yahoo, etc etc. So what option is best to use if im going to recieve or sent messages either polite, rude, havoc?

Also let me understand this more, So I have to manually connect to the tmobile apn we created for mms whenever I need to send out a picture right? So theres no way for it to automatically connect to the tmbile apn right? Again what is polite, rude, and havoc for then?

Last edited by pctek; 2010-06-26 at 19:20.

The Following User Says Thank You to pctek For This Useful Post:
Posts: 120 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Queens, NY
Originally Posted by james174 View Post
All your answers can be found here :-)
Just went through the configuration and everything worked out great. I had a whole different config. because I bought this N900 from a friend. The new config. I followed made my MMS go through a lot faster and I receive them a lot faster.

Thanks!

---
Who but me?!
--HeavyC.

The Following User Says Thank You to HeavyComponent For This Useful Post:
bump still need my questions answered thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to pctek For This Useful Post:

Tags
fmms rules, mms config