Active Topics

Notices

Thanks hawaii, I'll try it out.

I assume the script won't interfere with the normal camera button action when camera app is active ?

shortcutd only works for the first stage depress of the camera key. I tested my above post before committing it. It works but is not ideal as it's the initial press which is easy to hit when removing the device from a pocket.

Yes volume down or the power button would be great!

Last edited by mtjioe; 2010-08-05 at 05:47.

I don't see how I could set shortcutd to a custom command. I just see a fixed list of entries. Could somebody help me please?
[edit] Just found out it has to be version 0.1.3-1 from devel. No it works nice for me.

Last edited by rm53; 2010-06-28 at 18:02.

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
Certainly an enhancement function for Shortcutd to include this option out of the box.

I'm going to log a note on their dev page right this minute as this bug is SO irritating.

UPDATE: https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10818
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

Last edited by cashclientel; 2010-06-28 at 16:07. Reason: adding link to enhancement request

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Pune, India
I have written some code in Qt to answer a call using the power button, just a single press.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to debjitbis08 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by debjitbis08 View Post
I have written some code in Qt to answer a call using the power button, just a single press.
And where can we find this...

Very good start, does this application support customized key mapping.

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Pune, India
I am attaching the code I have written till now. I am planning to implement a reject call using volume keys and end call using power button in the next few days.
Attached Files
File Type: zip CallButton.zip (2.5 KB, 152 views)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to debjitbis08 For This Useful Post:
I am attaching the code I have written till now. I am planning to implement a reject call using volume keys and end call using power button in the next few days.
That would be awesome!