Active Topics

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Belfast, Ireland
I'd like to add that I am in the same boat. If i remember rightly (this isn't gospel, have been busy) it started on Saturday, AFTER 6 OTA third party software updates. I wish I could tell you what the programs were but I can't.

I checked my application manager log, which told me nothing. Anytime I've had an issue with my phone I've uninstalled apps that I don't use or have been recently installed. I have just done that. Tried to check the log for a list of uninstalled programs but once again, it seems to have cleared itself.

I will update on whether or not the issue persists, I feel it most likely will.

And on a small side note, the holder for the sim card seems loose, particularly when open. It can slide about a bit. Could a few people check that this is common on N900s, if it isn't then that is most likely the issue.

adam, could I asked if you've recently installed new or updated apps, and what ones, if so?

The Sim is most like sliding around has happened to me..

i did have third party updates but i flashed the phone twice so i assume if there was an issue caused by an app that the flashing would of solved that? i think lol. Its with nokia now see what they can do eh?

to andygee, how did you fix it?
(i tried a bit of cardboard under the battery to hold the sim in, but had no effect)

I've got the same problem - SIM card symbol with a red line through it, showing I have reception when I don't, etc - is this common?

I'm convinced this started after an OTA update - probably for ConBoy as it seemed to update very regularly, but I can't prove it. However, I reflashed the phone and the eMMC and it was still a problem, so I'm guessing it's a hardware issue.

When my SIM card is in the holder you can push it downwards into the PCB, there's a good 1mm-2mm of movement there which in my mind means the SIM can't be having the best connection.

I folded a bit of cardboard under the battery but not sure this will work forever - has anyone had this successfully repaired by Nokia? What did they do?

i got the same problem today, its showing the simcard with red stripe gng through it then it disappers and shws i got signal then it disappers and shws the sim card with red stripe again, even put a cardboard underneath the battery but stilll nt luck, help pls thanks

Last edited by bacha; 2010-08-20 at 23:17.

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Is the device set to dualmode?

dont think so, but sry whats dual mode ? didnt know there is a dual mode function on n900

he probbably meant dual mode as in 3G & 2G network.so you let the phone decide wich one to use.

ohh ok i got it thanks dante, well i even tried it on 3g and 2g still nothing, only option i am thinking atm is too flash it but i am gng to search it before i do that.