morning all

I'm not sure how fixable this is, but when I try to watch video's on websites (you tube, sky news, sky sports, bbc news, etc) the quality is very poor.

is this an issue with flash? is there an update or software I can install?

I currently have PR 1.2 and was really hoping that having the latest firmware would make the web video quality better.

the problem isn't downloading the video, which happens pretty quickly in either a wifi or 3gs zone, even after the video is completely downloaded the quality is extremely poor.

should I be running a newer version of flash player

many thanks for your help on this

cheers

john

Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
should I be running a newer version of flash player
You new around here?

Unless Nokia & Adobe think we are any way important we may get updated version of Flash.

But unfortunately in the real world it is highly unlikely we will get any Flash update at all.

Until then "enjoy" the benefits of being locked-out from parts of the Internet until Nokia & Adobe use their belevonent power and grant us with the gift of accessing flash-content-enabled/encumbered website.

Basically until there is a formal announcement of new Flash coming to n900 then crappy video performance on websites is here to stay and Flash is assumed never to be updated for your n900.

Yippeeeee!!!!!

Thanks for the update johnel.

Still beats FlashLite or, even better, NoFlash

Flash, even now Nokia still tout the N900 as having Full Flash, Full Flash, IT HAS NOT, has the marketing department just seen the windows 98 launch preview??, its like Ford offering a new zero carbon emission car, and just removing the battery so it does not run, yes its a car, it has zero emissions, but its not much use.

Flash needs to be updated, even just to show Mr Jobs how wrong he can be, either that or we just need to piggyback on the iphone workarounds to gain access to flash based sites that no longer work properly.