Notices

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 408 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by lemmyslender View Post
I think you can do this by using:
<layout>
<filename>something.desktop</filename>
<filename>somethingelse.desktop</filename>
</layout>

at least that works in the main hildon.menu for apps, can't get it to work for directories
Since I'm already quite the sissy when it comes to hildon.menu itself (that is, at least on other people's device - I play around with it on my own quite a lot ), I would only go for sorting applications, anyway.

So if I get this to work within the folders I'd be already more than happy. Thanks for that important bit of information!

also l added a "More" directory and moved the </OnlyUnallocated> statement there. (all new apps then go there instead of the main menu, like the pre PR1.2 menu. Then I added nodisplay=true to my more.directory file. I won't see new apps listed until I add them to a folder, but I find it much harder to trigger the submenu bug. Perhaps it gets caught scanning/re-scanning for unallocated apps? That was one of the differences between the stock hildon.menu and the new hildon.menu (either ApMeFo or by hand).
That sounds like quite a good idea! If it's okay with you, I'd like to include that as a simple setting ("Store unallocated applications in More... folder") in ApMeFo for one of the later versions.

By the by, since I'm preparing the V1.0 features/fixes right now, a question to all: What would be more annoying - having to wait for the new version for a couple of days (and getting everything in one huge update) or getting daily updates (with only small modifications each)?

Posts: 263 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ wales
i suppose daily updates, then youd get better feedback on each particular new feature/fix

The Following User Says Thank You to dscobsct For This Useful Post:
Thought so, too - I'm just a bit afraid making the update icon flash once a day might be a bit annoying.

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ CT USA
hello, i am getting an error when trying to create a folder error message :"an unknown error occured while trying to save"

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by Nathraiben View Post
That sounds like quite a good idea! If it's okay with you, I'd like to include that as a simple setting ("Store unallocated applications in More... folder") in ApMeFo for one of the later versions.
Feel free to use anything I sugesst. I've probably picked it up here anyway, perhaps wih a little twist of my own. If I'm posting it, I figure it might be a good idea, or spark a better idea, so please take and use all you want.

It jus struck me, by toggling the no display value, you could hide/unhide a particular folder. Might be a useful option down the line for someone (ie hide a folder(s) from the kids so they cant screw important stuff up while they're playing games, etc).

I don't mind my update ion blinking every day, in fact I get a little disappointed if it isn't blinking.

@amorek13: Ugh, that's an evil one (since it's hard to trace back to it's root).

Would you mind posting the name of the folder you were trying to create and the output from the diagnosis tool in the menu? Maybe we'll find the culprit that way.

@lemmyslender: Thanks - consider both ideas pushed onto my ToDo list then!

Just finished sorting the lists and making the application list multi-selectable, so after a couple of hours of sleep (if my kidney allows for some...) I'll upload the new version - look out for more icon blinking.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I think you can do this by using:
<layout>
<filename>something.desktop</filename>
<filename>somethingelse.desktop</filename>
</layout>

at least that works in the main hildon.menu for apps, can't get it to work for directories
I've already said this multiple times in this thread but just a reminder : it doesn't work like that for sub-folders. I've tried to list my applications by alphabetical order, didn't work. Folder's use the .desktop of the app and thus are arranged automatically by that order, not by the alias (e.g. osso-calculator.desktop would be Laskin (Calculator). So far we don't know how to make the listing alphabetical, unless the programmer himself would find out how to do it.

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by rantom View Post
I've already said this multiple times in this thread but just a reminder : it doesn't work like that for sub-folders. I've tried to list my applications by alphabetical order, didn't work. Folder's use the .desktop of the app and thus are arranged automatically by that order, not by the alias (e.g. osso-calculator.desktop would be Laskin (Calculator). So far we don't know how to make the listing alphabetical, unless the programmer himself would find out how to do it.
Never tried it in the sub-folders, I know it never worked on the folders themselves in the main menu, but does for applications in the main menu. I know it works off of the "Name=" line, the only way I could get my Debian folder to show up last, was to put Name=zDebian, no matter what I named the actual files. X-Osso-User-Position doesn't seem to have any effect either.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Never tried it in the sub-folders, I know it never worked on the folders themselves in the main menu, but does for applications in the main menu. I know it works off of the "Name=" line, the only way I could get my Debian folder to show up last, was to put Name=zDebian, no matter what I named the actual files. X-Osso-User-Position doesn't seem to have any effect either.
Ah, sorry, my bad. I answered quite quickly to this in the morning (on my way to work) so I didn't concentrate. So let me get it straight : no, it doesn't work for top-folders (the main one), I don't know about sub-folders. Never tried, maybe I should, at some point.

Again, sorry for misunderstanding.

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ CT USA
Originally Posted by Nathraiben View Post
@amorek13: Ugh, that's an evil one (since it's hard to trace back to it's root).

Would you mind posting the name of the folder you were trying to create and the output from the diagnosis tool in the menu? Maybe we'll find the culprit that way.

@lemmyslender: Thanks - consider both ideas pushed onto my ToDo list then!

Just finished sorting the lists and making the application list multi-selectable, so after a couple of hours of sleep (if my kidney allows for some...) I'll upload the new version - look out for more icon blinking.
was trying to create games folder

hildon.menu set : true
hildon.menu matches : true

directory files:
applications.directory
audiovideo.directory
development.directory
education.directory
games.directory
geo.directory
graphics.directory
network.directory