Active Topics

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 664 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Germany
Hi,

I've just added sharing support to Conboy (extras-devel), but sharing to Evernote does not really work as expected. I'm converting the notes to HTML and then sending it using the sharing dialog.

The problem is, the HTML is not really recognized by Evernote, instead it shows up as .acgi file with HTML inside.

The same happens if I share the HTML directly using Petrovich. Does anyone has an idea, what wrong with it? Is it an Evernote problem or am I doing something wrong? Maybe the HTML needs to be valid XHTML or something?

Also are there other services that accept HTML files?

Thanks!
Conny

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 375 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Berlin
My guess is that you have to convert to ENML, unless the evernote sharing plugin is doing that for you.
Check out the Evernote API Overview. It states that:

The contents of Notes within the Evernote service must strictly comply with the XML definition found within the ENML DTD. The reference version of this DTD is located at:
http://xml.evernote.com/pub/enml2.dtd

The Following User Says Thank You to pH5 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 664 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by pH5 View Post
My guess is that you have to convert to ENML, unless the evernote sharing plugin is doing that for you.
Check out the Evernote API Overview. It states that:
Hmm, yea, I was thinking about his as well, but when sending a simple ENML file via the sharing dialog the outcome is the same. I tried by sending the following:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE en-note SYSTEM "http://xml.evernote.com/pub/enml2.dtd">
<en-note>
  <b><font size="5">Here is a sample document:</font></b>
  <br/>
  bla bla bla
  <br/>                                                                                     
</en-note>
So it looks like the Evernote sharing plugin is very limited, or I'm still doing somthing wrong