Active Topics

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Marseille , France
why would anyone buy a nexus one in june 2010 ...htc has better phones , just look at anandtech reviews , they clearly say the N1 has a buggy UI.

You could have bought an EVO and compare the products

useless

The Following User Says Thank You to val580 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
It's also a matter of noise. It clutters up the forum (there should be a rant section)
There are a lot of things as of late that I'd consider capable of cluttering these forums.

Fanboys, nasty attitudes, misinformed opinions... tip of the iceberg.

Only a return to helpful folks helping others and avoiding placing in unnecessary attitude will signal a way to unclutter this forum.

Ironic part? It takes an opinion to point out other other opinions. I guess I truly do miss the ITT days.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
I second a user experience feedback sub forum for such posts. I suggested it myself before.

The reply last time was that it would give new users the idea the product was crap...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imperiallight For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
If the OP said Samsung Galaxy S, I might actually understand.
- 4" Super AMOLED. ("Super" and 4" are the key points)
- It can play avi xvid and even 720p h264 mkv files natively.
- 720p video recording @ 30fps
- Has a better CPU and a dedicated GPU which N1 doesn't even have
- Due to that, it kills Desire/N1 in 3D games. About double the speed!
- It is also getting froyo update.

Nexus One? Oh come on. N1 isn't that special compared to N900.
OP, I recommend you to take the N1 back and get the Galaxy S.

The Following User Says Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
Someone with apparently weak research techniques intends to buy a phone labelled "Google". Great news...

Sometimes i feel like Rod Taylor amongst a bunch of unreflective Eloi.

off topic reply: the EVO, being an HTC device, is showing the same two issues that it seems all HTCs suffer from

1) battery life & operating heat - excellent so long as you never turn it on. Otherwise just short of an 8 hour day possible. If you attempt a call lasting longer then 10 minutes expect the device to get pretty darn warm in your hand.

2) build quality... screens that peel up seems to be the fail for this one

Setting aside the horror that is HTC engineering, Android is nice, but it really does show the Google "we made it like we are engineers" approach to UX design. As in, it's not very good.

After you get past that, there are a few other things not to like which you can find by hanging out on any android forum.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Ironic part? It takes an opinion to point out other other opinions. I guess I truly do miss the ITT days.
I lost track, did you ever get an n900?

Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
I don't believe the OP ever had an N900. The OP's first post in this forum was about how the Android phone was so much better etc.

I believe OP is a troll out to cause distractions.

If OP really just bought an N900, he/she should take their complaint to the store where the device was purchased and ask for a refund and not waste our time with a rant about a dumb personal purchase.

The Following User Says Thank You to maluka For This Useful Post:
I meant gerbick - I know he had one (or more) of the other nokia tablets, and was on the fence and posting about being on the fence for a while, but then I lost track if he ever got one or not. Just wondering how ironic his comment was - only slightly, or massively.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
I lost track, did you ever get an n900?
Naw. Had one in my possession the entirety of June though, just returned it last weekend. Bloke that had it and returned it for a refund, wouldn't give me a decent price - hell, I had used it more than he had! Anyway, with usage, time, and a hands-on experience of 30+ days with the last loaner, another 18 days with the company loaner during my trip to Pittsburgh in April... I'd say that I can opine as much as you long-term owners.

Still have access to the company loaner - but I'm not scheduled to go back into the office for quite some time.

Lemme guess. You're going to respond with "WHY ARE YOU RESPONDING IN THESE FORUMS, EH!?" or something therein, right?

If so, get in line. I think about 4 other folks are ahead of you in that line.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:

Tags
delete me, fanboys gallery, user fail, worstthreadever