Notices

wen i try mario64 it says error: no graphics plugin specified
i followed the instructions on the 1st page so any ideas?

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Venezuela
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
Here's the tarball + binaries with the "Pandora GUI" (the GTK+ mupen64plus GUI) enabled.

Note that this does not mean a menu icon will appear but that when run from terminal without a ROM the selector will open.
wow, that sounds sweet. I want to try that UI... but i'm afraid i'm still too noobish, since I had already installed the emu following IzzehO's guide, do i have to do anything to delete it? or just install the tar.gz file? will it overwrite what i have?...i really don't want both of them emus if one's not being use anymore :P a little guide for noobish to update would be lovely, thanks anyway.

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Switzerland
I still couldn't figure out how to save.
I made mempack switch key=115 (s), but when I push it, and then save the game, quit and restart, there is nothing saved.

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 274 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
The best way to update is to rename the old .mupen64plus to something like .mupen64plus_old and then follow the first post's guide again but this time using the newest version from javispedro. Then just configure it like in this post and transfer your savefiles from the old foldier. The new version is much faster than the older one, for example Super Mario 64 runs nearly fullspeed (just some slowdowns here and there) with no OC. Only problem is that it doesn't seem to support transparent parts in sprites (nothing big but still).

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Originally Posted by MiK546 View Post
The best way to update is to rename the old .mupen64plus to something like .mupen64plus_old and then follow the first post's guide again but this time using the newest version from javispedro. Then just configure it like in this post and transfer your savefiles from the old foldier. The new version is much faster than the older one, for example Super Mario 64 runs nearly fullspeed (just some slowdowns here and there) with no OC. Only problem is that it doesn't seem to support transparent parts in sprites (nothing big but still).
The old version should use gles2n64.so for it' GFX plugin, but the new version should use RiceVideo.so.

Problem is, defining either as the GFX Plugin in your mupen64plus.conf file causes the new GUI version to fail as it dosen't acknowledge any GFX plugin as being specified.

What are we missing here?

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 274 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
I defined my GFX Plugin to be gles2n64.so in the mupen64plus.conf and it worked just fine (even the GUI, it even displays that my GFX Plugin is gles2n64) altough changin the options in the GUI doesn't actually modify anything, so when you restart it everything is back to default. Because of that you have to still set everything up manually.

The Following User Says Thank You to MiK546 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Ah, I got it. I typo'd the gles2n64.so line. So it doesn't report that no GPU plugin is specified, but now when I launch a game it just sits at a black screen. Hmm.....

Is it possible to use
two or more bluetooth controllers with this emulator??

btw I think this is great
Much better than psx4all

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
The old version should use gles2n64.so for it' GFX plugin, but the new version should use RiceVideo.so.
No, no, both should use gles2n64. Ricevideo is scratchbox-only (because it uses desktop GL instead of OpenGL ES)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
im getting confused, is there already a new version of this emu out with an updated faster ricevideo gfx plugin and we should upgrade to it from the original files posted 2 days ago?

Tags
emulator, games, mupen64plus, nintendo, nintendo64