Originally Posted by Wichall View Post
I'm quoting exactly what my friend was told upon ringing Vodafone...it could possibly have been o2 actually, can't remember what network he's on now...

He was told all of that then recommended the N97 as an alternative, the person on the phone just could not sell him the N900.
Had a long call with Vodafone about my upgrade, all he said was 'the n900 is getting pretty old now'. I've still managed to order it online and hopefully it should come tuesday or wednesday.

Originally Posted by Harred View Post
Had a long call with Vodafone about my upgrade, all he said was 'the n900 is getting pretty old now'. I've still managed to order it online and hopefully it should come tuesday or wednesday.
See you would have thought they would be throwing the phone at me to get rid of stock

Originally Posted by Neegs View Post
See you would have thought they would be throwing the phone at me to get rid of stock
The man said that they don't actually stock it online, they just order it directly from Nokia.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Harred View Post
N900 is getting old? It was JUST released to the public in October, didn't it? It's not even a year old. But then, there IS all this talk about Nokia's new commitment to a new MeeGo device soon anyway, right?

Welcome to the 770/N800/N810/WE club. :P

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Nokia is really good at making their phones obsolete with shitty marketing. The same seems to happen with the N8, 'oh the symbian^3 is just the first step'

The Following User Says Thank You to zimmerit For This Useful Post:
Newegg.com in US just lowered n900 price to 400 USD. Maybe that is a response to the Iphone 4.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Just now launching in India, so not completely discontinued...

NokiaUSA no longer has the option to order it. It's been out of stock there since that $280 trade-in sale last week and now there isn't even an order page saying "out of stock." Any of the remaining links to that page have been giving generic errors for at least a few hours.

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
It seems North American N900 are getting discontinued , NewEgg Canada offers N900 for a ridiculous 420$ with free shipping

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16875205178

I guess that's it they are cleaning warehouse and soon N900 will be available only through Ebay

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by HellFlyer View Post
It seems North American N900 are getting discontinued , NewEgg Canada offers N900 for a ridiculous 420$ with free shipping

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16875205178

I guess that's it they are cleaning warehouse and soon N900 will be available only through Ebay
I mean... I made jokes about dumping them, earlier in the thread.. but it's becoming less funny now. Wow.. not even a year.