Posts: 117 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ San Diego
I've tried time and time again to try to get access to the repositories using the various guides on the internet. I simply cannot get access to these repositories as it gives me a 404 error when i try to search of updates.

Posts: 414 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Silicon Valley
FWIW, I get plenty of errors too...more so since I 'upgraded to PR1.2'....

Sometimes all the catalogs update OK, sometimes some of them update OK, and sometimes none of them update OK...

Very odd....

Nokia N900
Previous: Nokia N810 & N800

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Las Vegas
I had this problem with extras-devel and extras-testing since 1.2 as well. I fixed it by editing all of the repositories, changing the Distribution field from "fremantle-1.2" to just "fremantle" and everything worked again.

I guess they were supposed to give 1.2 some special treatment, probably because of the new Qt libraries, but apparently they never did get around to creating the fremantle-1.2 directory structure on the server.

Hell, I didn't even use fremantle-1.2 i've just been using fremantle

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by FreeThinker View Post
I had this problem with extras-devel and extras-testing since 1.2 as well. I fixed it by editing all of the repositories, changing the Distribution field from "fremantle-1.2" to just "fremantle" and everything worked again.

I guess they were supposed to give 1.2 some special treatment, probably because of the new Qt libraries, but apparently they never did get around to creating the fremantle-1.2 directory structure on the server.
Extras has a separate directory structure for 1.2, but neither -testing nor -devel do (nor were planned to), as they've no need to support both pre-1.2 and post-1.2.

So, Simply because i'm using 1.2 I'm locked out from using any of the dev or testing repositories? What's the workaroudn for this?

I'm so confused, I still cannot access this. Am i really that dumb or did I do something wrong that I don't recognize? I've followed the step by step guide on how to enable and i keep getting errors i really want access to these apps.

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ San Francisco, CA
I have had recent issues as well, as I've had to install two recent Extras-Devel apps using Terminal as they didn't appear in the list using App Manager: dropn900 and cloudgps.

i cant go through terminal either

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Russianhaxor View Post
So, Simply because i'm using 1.2 I'm locked out from using any of the dev or testing repositories? What's the workaroudn for this?
You're not locked out at all - there's only one devel and one testing repository, whatever version of the OS you have installed. In fact, if you're running pre-1.2, you're likely to run into issues when installing newer apps from -devel or -testing.