Active Topics

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Victoria BC Canada
Originally Posted by emeni View Post
I'm usually cruising at 45-50km/h and currently I can use my e51 on the bike with no major problems, but the e51 doesn't do voip, web browsing, emailing as I would like.
Wow! I'll be watching for you in the Tour de France!! You are fast!

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Average_speed_tour_de_france

Good luck with your search.

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 408 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by Grok View Post
Wow! I'll be watching for you in the Tour de France!! You are fast!

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Average_speed_tour_de_france

Good luck with your search.
He's the guy riding alongside the leading participant while keeping people up-to-date on the race through his blog...

Good luck from me, too - with the search and on the not-getting-hit-by-a-car-while-surfing-the-net part as well.

the N900 is unique. there is no phone that is awesome like the n900. so forget it

The Following User Says Thank You to Turkishflavor For This Useful Post:
HTC HD2
iPhone 3GS - iOS4 (multitasking)
Google Nexus One.
Samsung Galaxy S (soon-releasing)
Motorola Droid X

At the moment i will be looking at these phones, besides the moto and samy because they are just new to market and could be bought only on contracts, but the rest are solid good phones that have been on the market for a while, and can be purchased unlocked for reasonable prices.

The Following User Says Thank You to aikon800 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 67 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Danmark
I never sad that I'm surfing the net on the bike. I'm just answering calls, writing sms and making calls if necessary.
@grok
you do realize that they are doing 2500-5000km and I'm doing 20km/day
That's average for the tour, they reach speeds up to 100km/h. the max speed for the tour is 117km/hour
I ride an Trek Ion Pro. I'm sorry if the speed is too much for you. If you want I can take a picture of the speedometer for you.
In Denmark there are bike lanes, beside the road, and are in perfect conditions since they are trying to encourage people to use cars.

I never sad that I'm surfing the net on the bike. I'm just answering calls, writing sms and making calls if necessary.
@grok
That's average for the tour, they reach speeds up to 100km/h. the max speed for the tour is 117km/hour
I ride an Trek Ion Pro. I'm sorry if the speed is too much for you. If you want I can take a picture of the speedometer for you.
In Denmark there are bike lanes, beside the road, and are in perfect conditions since they are trying to encourage people to use cars.
I understand the difference between the Tour and commuting.
It's good to hear there is good lane segregationin your area. I also believe you hit the speeds you claim, but you sir, have fallen off while using your phone....... Is that really the phone's fault?

For the record, I love speed! I'm a member of the chain snapping, axle bending cycling crowd too. Personally though, I sometimes just-pull-over!

BTW... That looks like a great bike.

Last edited by Grok; 2010-07-06 at 17:50.

Well, yeah, I wasn't actually using it, I was trying to lock it to put in my pocket.

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 408 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Austria
Because texting while going at 45km/h is any less dangerous...

At the speed you claim, that would be less than an hour a day. So you cannot be bothered to not text on your bike, because that way you would loose less than half an hour of texting pleasure each day?

For if this was just about receiving calls - you might have come to the realisation that hands-free devices are not only easier to get than a phone that's simply not out there (yet?), but also by FAR more secure than merrily typing on your phone while going hands free at 45km/h?

And even if, for some strange reason, you would feel crippled by using one of those, why not get yourself one of the various mobile mounts so you can have the bike "hold" the phone for you so you can easily type - in whatever -scape? Don't tell me your own security isn't worth the bit of extra money.

My secure is, that's why I bought safety gear.
The topic isn't about safety, bike speeds etc, the topic is for a phone that can be used with only one hand.
@natraiben: I'm using my current phone to text and SMS. I'm doing that only in case of emergencies, when I need to reach someone fast.

Not sure if this would do the trick for you, it goes wide enough to hold an n900 in landscape mode.

http://www.prlog.org/10333368-bike-m...phone-mp3.html

There are a lot of quick release bicycle mount solutions available. Worth thinking about......then you wouldn`t need to compromise your phone choices.