Active Topics

Notices

How did you edit , that gps will use the internal?
Can you do this on the phone or with a computer?

Originally Posted by pasi_k View Post
How did you edit , that gps will use the internal?
Can you do this on the phone or with a computer?
I think you need a file manager and an editor installed in your phone
or
edit the file on your computer

Originally Posted by gLobster View Post
1. enable Extras-devel repositories
2. run Terminal window
3. take root rights
sudo gainroot
4. update lists
apt-get update
4. install Carman
apt-get install carman

and say Yes on next question about install another pacakges
... and don't forget to disable devel after installation.

I can confirm that the device from dealextreme.com works fine (N900 + Renault Espace). Delivery to Switzerland was 11 days.

Originally Posted by rolfok View Post
... and don't forget to disable devel after installation.

I can confirm that the device from dealextreme.com works fine (N900 + Renault Espace). Delivery to Switzerland was 11 days.
and how many days waiting for supplier?

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Ireland
I just noticed a missing feature on carman. My car runs on E85 and now and again the error P0170 appears. (Too Lean). Which result in too little fuel, adjustment of the E85 Kit resolves the issue.

You can check engine codes on Carman and get description but I cannot find any "clear codes" section after fixing the problem

I had to use my old phone and it software to reset it.

Woohoo.. finally got it installed last night. Had to disable every other Repo on my list and enable only Extras-Devel. Installed fine thereafter. Seems like a conflict with an older version on another repo maybe?

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by p900 View Post
and how many days waiting for supplier?
For my DealExtreme OBD2 transceiver, the wait was 11 days from order placement to shipment. In this new era of near-instantaneous Amazon shipments, I suppose that's slow, but receiving a package all the way from Hong Kong in under three weeks at DealExtreme prices still seems a pretty good value to me.

Any way you slice it, it's a darn sight better than the old standard of six to eight weeks for mail order within the continental U.S. The process of converting boxtops into toys was slow magic and a terrible thing to do to your average, impatient child, no doubt about it.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 305 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ 'Nam
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
For my DealExtreme OBD2 transceiver, the wait was 11 days from order placement to shipment. In this new era of near-instantaneous Amazon shipments, I suppose that's slow, but receiving a package all the way from Hong Kong in under three weeks at DealExtreme prices still seems a pretty good value to me.

Any way you slice it, it's a darn sight better than the old standard of six to eight weeks for mail order within the continental U.S. The process of converting boxtops into toys was slow magic and a terrible thing to do to your average, impatient child, no doubt about it.
Thanks for the info. I will be ordering mines from them tomorrow. I don't think 11 days will kill me

even 25 days is no big deal.
a friend of mine ordered something from them which was in stock and one month later they told him it's out of stock. their website still writes in stock and it's 2 months after the purchase.

Posts: 305 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ 'Nam
Originally Posted by p900 View Post
even 25 days is no big deal.
a friend of mine ordered something from them which was in stock and one month later they told him it's out of stock. their website still writes in stock and it's 2 months after the purchase.
Well I ordered mine tuesday and it shipped wed (thats what the email said) so imma check this tuesday and see the status on it. I've installed carman and waiting to pay around with it