Originally Posted by danramos View Post
If the N900 had never been a phone, it would have been an Internet Tablet and more resources would have probably gone into making the next better tablet instead of this garbagy parody of a phone.
Or less, since sales would undoubtedly have been lower. I certainly would have ignored it, much like I did the 770 and N8x0 devices, and probably continued fiddling with the ever shifting and unstable OpenMoko

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by tswindell View Post
Was that pointed at me? Because I don't see any relation to my post and your obvious frustrated venting...

I'm sorry if you've had issues getting your device repaired, what bugs do you feel are show stoppers that are not being fixed?
Bugs in.. what? The N800 that I own? There's a plethora of them and they were reported even way back when the device was new.. and it appears that they will never be fixed and they're stuck in all the nice, cozy closed-source places like the drivers and applications that Nokia wrote into the firmware.

Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
Or less, since sales would undoubtedly have been lower. I certainly would have ignored it, much like I did the 770 and N8x0 devices, and probably continued fiddling with the ever shifting and unstable OpenMoko
As opposed to the ever-shifting and unstable Maemo^H^H^H^H^HMeeGo devices? Yanno.. the one with the bugs in all the right places that you can't fix for all the closed drivers/apps that I just finished mentioning in the last post? I don't get the impression that's changed in the N900.

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
As opposed to the ever-shifting and unstable Maemo^H^H^H^H^HMeeGo devices? Yanno.. the one with the bugs in all the right places that you can't fix for all the closed drivers/apps that I just finished mentioning in the last post? I don't get the impression that's changed in the N900.
Compared to OpenMoko, Maemo5 is the Rock of Gibraltar. That and the hardware is infinitely better. For me, cellular data was the clincher for "the ultimate device." Without that, such devices are just bigger PDAs to me.

I certainly can't be the only one who thought that.

As for MeeGo, it is simply pushing closer to the ideal of having mobile devices with as little closed as possible. I'd love to have a 100% open stack (RMS too!) but I don't see that happening.

Originally Posted by joshv06 View Post
You will realize how good the N900 is when you get your Nexus. I switched to the EVO 4G, fully regret it, nothing will beat the N900. Android has nothing on it, really.
keep telling yourselves that lol.................................. you mean nothing your interested in keep touching and telling yourself buddy

Last edited by superg05; 2010-07-09 at 04:05.

Tags
delete me, fanboys gallery, user fail, worstthreadever