Notices

Posts: 305 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Colorado
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
Unfortunately I live in a country where Pandora isn't available. So I can't help you here. However maybe there's a way to make a plugin based on or interfacing with pyradio Pandora client.
What is involved in making a plugin?

Also, The FM-Radio plugin in the repos says N800 only. Is that still true?

Thanks!

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
Originally Posted by BruceL View Post
Also, The FM-Radio plugin in the repos says N800 only. Is that still true?

Thanks!
N800 or N900, N810 did not have a FM receiver. NOTE: the FM Plugin in the repos (for Diablo) is for an "old" version of Mediabox and does not work with the new "goodness". (per pycage somewhere earlier in this thread)

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

Last edited by Snoshrk; 2010-07-08 at 07:39. Reason: typo

I thought we could also browse our network shared files on this app? So far I don't see anything on there and the settings have nothing there to adjust or help the situation either.

Looks like a nice app but I got this so that I could also stream video files off my network.

Guess im going to have to stick with Knots 2 unless someone knows how to fix this?

The Following User Says Thank You to badboyuk For This Useful Post:
ok got it to show the network but its taking ages to load up when i click on my network machine.
I take it there is a bug in this app?

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by badboyuk View Post
ok got it to show the network but its taking ages to load up when i click on my network machine.
I take it there is a bug in this app?
Which is your UPnP server? Normally it should load very quickly, unless you have directories with thousands of files. But even this case is usually handled quite well.

I'm really loving MediaBox and having been using it on my 810 since the last version. This new update looks great and I do like a lot of the displays and controls.

One thing I don't like, though, is the video display page/index. All the thumbnails are tiled instead of being listed like before, which doesn't really bother me except for the fact that I can't read the full file names of any of my videos. I have a lot of episodes and clips of things and I can't read what it is I'm clicking on, so I have to start them to see what it is, then go back and pick another.

Is there an option I'm missing or should I try to rename all my files to fit in the space? :\

Also, I think it was mentioned already, but mplayer and OSSO don't shut down and is a battery & resource drain after MediaBox is closed, so I've been going into terminal and killing them manually.

Last edited by amezri; 2010-07-08 at 14:44.

The Following User Says Thank You to amezri For This Useful Post:
I have a couple of folders enabled for share. I can access these from a MAC laptop wifi and desktop machine ethernet works fine. I can also access these folders via a home theatre system using ethernet cable.
I am using windows 7 ultimate x64 and all my configurations, port forwarding is fine. I have even tried reseting the router and enabling and disabling the upnp feature.
I have left the n900 on for a good while when it is searching for network but doesnt find anything and just stays like that for ages.

just done another reboot of the router and tried some different settings but still no luck.
The mediacentre app detects my upnp server/machine , but when I press on it to access it just brings up nothing and the animation keeps on going for the small icon as if its trying to load in the storage & network.
At the bottom a small text bar comes up in grey saying Loading.

Ive left it for a good while nothing happens though

any ideas on how to fix this issue or to troubleshoot?

Originally Posted by pycage View Post
Which is your UPnP server? Normally it should load very quickly, unless you have directories with thousands of files. But even this case is usually handled quite well.
i have the same problem, i use the windows 7 built in media share.
The n900 built in media player able to browse it but mediabox just state "loading". Previous version of mediabox able to access the media share.

Tags
mediabox, pycage rules