Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 408 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by Nathraiben View Post
Any way to purchase the games through a fully functional shop that also allows for other payment methods (PayPal, invoice, advance payment)?
I guess I can take that as a "No"?

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 637 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by Nathraiben View Post
Are there any alternative ways to purchase the games? Yesterday I decided to give the OVI store another try (I want ZEN Bound so much, I was going to even risk everything by using that faulty store :P ), but then had to realise that they only accept credit cards.

Any way to purchase the games through a fully functional shop that also allows for other payment methods (PayPal, invoice, advance payment)?
Unfortunately no, our responsibility is developing games, it's the big boys' job to distribute them. We're all seeing the challenges of setting up a marketplace with the Ovi Store, it would be utterly foolish for a small studio like us to try to tackle the same problem field.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Frand For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by bill.d View Post
trying to download spin at the moment but nothing is happening payment went through but when i click download nothing happens. ive tried waiting ages like i had to with zen bound but its just doing nothing
tap browsers title bar and select downloads. what does the dialog say?

if I remember correctly, files are something around 20mb
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 408 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by Frand View Post
Unfortunately no, our responsibility is developing games, it's the big boys' job to distribute them. We're all seeing the challenges of setting up a marketplace with the Ovi Store, it would be utterly foolish for a small studio like us to try to tackle the same problem field.
Thanks, Frand - bad news are better than no news!

Though I really wanted to play your games - now there's just to hope you'll eventually port it to MeeGo and THAT will have a better store.

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Zen Inbound - bug found?

When you are wrapping around in the game and you get a hildon banner, something interesting happens.
In my case I was roaming and got a hildon banner telling me that "cellulair data is not available", which I am sure other Zen Inbound road warriors may get as well.

You don't notice the bug as you can keep playing without problems, until you raise the menu options. None of the buttons work anymore!
Switching to dashboard, closing the game (buttons above), ending the session or restarting the session (buttons bellow) do not respond.
The menu simply disappears again and all you can do is keep playing or click the menu button bellow again.

You're stuck.

The only way to exit the game is to use the CTRL Backspace shortcut on the keyboard and touch the "X" to close it.
I haven't repeated the bug, but I will try since I roam the same way back and will get a hildon banner again when playing.

To be continued...

Last edited by Darkwolf; 2010-07-08 at 06:22.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Darkwolf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
I can probably confirm the bug for Zen Bound, not sure what you have been playing. Don't remember exactly how it got to a state described but unresponsiveness to reset and end game occur in certain situations.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following User Says Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
Posts: 68 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Chicago
Originally Posted by Darkwolf View Post
Zen Inbound - bug found?

When you are wrapping around in the game and you get a hildon banner, something interesting happens.
In my case I was roaming and got a hildon banner telling me that "cellulair data is not available", which I am sure other Zen Inbound road warriors may get as well.

You don't notice the bug as you can keep playing without problems, until you raise the menu options. None of the buttons work anymore!
Switching to dashboard, closing the game (buttons above), ending the session or restarting the session (buttons bellow) do not respond.
The menu simply disappears again and all you can do is keep playing or click the menu button bellow again.

You're stuck.

The only way to exit the game is to use the CTRL Backspace shortcut on the keyboard and touch the "X" to close it.
I haven't repeated the bug, but I will try since I roam the same way back and will get a hildon banner again when playing.

To be continued...
i've gotten this behaviour as well, sometimes when re-playing a just finished object.

the buttons will respond, but only to an extremely rapid fingernail tap (as fast as you can). try that and see if it solves the unreponsiveness issue.

Some users have reported issues with SPiN failing to start unless its configuration file is manually deleted. An update to the problem has just been approved by Ovi Store QA and the new version should be available for download soon.

The Following User Says Thank You to Frand For This Useful Post:
Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
@Frand
Any figures you can release regarding any of the released games?
If not are you and the company selling enough in your opinion to keeps supporting the Maemo platform?
Brilliant games by the way I have bought all releases and will continue to koodos.

Originally Posted by casper27 View Post
@Frand
Any figures you can release regarding any of the released games?
If not are you and the company selling enough in your opinion to keeps supporting the Maemo platform?
Brilliant games by the way I have bought all releases and will continue to koodos.
No, no... we're not commenting on sales numbers or future support after this short period of time, understanding a sales channel takes a bit more data over a longer time period

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frand For This Useful Post: