Active Topics

Notices

POKER DICE, HERE!!!

1. Create 5 QBW instances
  2. Import 5 dices with "PokerDice.qbw.txt" and take a note of each dice's QBW Instance ID
  3. Create 1 more QBW instance
  4. Import "PokerDeck.qbw.txt"
  5. "Edit Cmd" in PokerDeck settings and replace noted QBW IDs in each dbus-send command respectively
    run-standalone.sh dbus-send --session --type=method_call --dest=oh.no.more.qbw /oh/no/more/qbwid4 oh.no.more.qbw.update_content;run-standalone.sh dbus-send --session --type=method_call --dest=oh.no.more.qbw /oh/no/more/qbwid5 oh.no.more.qbw.update_content;run-standalone.sh dbus-send --session --type=method_call --dest=oh.no.more.qbw /oh/no/more/qbwid6 oh.no.more.qbw.update_content;run-standalone.sh dbus-send --session --type=method_call --dest=oh.no.more.qbw /oh/no/more/qbwid7 oh.no.more.qbw.update_content;run-standalone.sh dbus-send --session --type=method_call --dest=oh.no.more.qbw /oh/no/more/qbwid8 oh.no.more.qbw.update_content
  6. Deck has got also a cute "dice-rolling" progress animation
Attached Files
File Type: zip PokerDice-qbw.zip (1.6 KB, 156 views)
File Type: zip PokerDice-images.zip (142.9 KB, 172 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to No!No!No!Yes! For This Useful Post:
@No!No!No!Yes!
I have setup widgets on my desktop to update at specific intervals of time.The problem is, that I noticed they are updating even when the phone is locked!
I do not want widgets to be updating their content while the device is locked & its obvious I am not looking at them
This ought to be having some impact on battery life right?
This is probably exhibited by all types of widgets so it may be a requirement (or a feature?) of hildon so i will not claim this to be a bug, but can you please consider this as a feature request and provide an option to toggle content updating when device is locked.

If this is not possible can somebody please give me the code for checking if device is locked.I will put this at the start of my script and have it exit accordingly.

Last edited by techie; 2010-07-09 at 05:49. Reason: For Clarification

The Following User Says Thank You to techie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by techie View Post
@No!No!No!Yes!
I have setup widgets on my desktop to update at specific intervals of time.The problem is, that I noticed they are updating even when the phone is locked!
I do not want widgets to be updating their content while the device is locked & its obvious I am not looking at them
This ought to be having some impact on battery life right?
This is probably exhibited by all types of widgets so it may be a requirement (or a feature?) of hildon so i will not claim this to be a bug, but can you please consider this as a feature request and provide an option to toggle content updating when device is locked.

If this is not possible can somebody please give me the code for checking if device is locked.I will put this at the start of my script and have it exit accordingly.
Thanks for feedback.
Choice to have QBW update even if phone is locked was deliberate as QBW is also a monitoring tool and a background program frontend which can maintain/hold some persistency with collected info over time and which may require update even if not in sight.
However you are right about the fact that an option should be present here ... and choice to disable update if out of sight left to the user.
I'll give it a thought.

Originally Posted by No!No!No!Yes! View Post
Thanks for feedback.
Choice to have QBW update even if phone is locked was deliberate as QBW is also a monitoring tool and a background program frontend which can maintain/hold some persistency with collected info over time and which may require update even if not in sight.
However you are right about the fact that an option should be present here ... and choice to disable update if out of sight left to the user.
I'll give it a thought.
Thanks!
Actually I have setup the dbus script to underclock device when locked (no need for a fast cpu if its just gonna be sitting idle ) and I also have a widget that monitors temp at intervals and sets max overclock speed (don't want it to get too hot).
As you can imagine, after i lock the device it underclocks as intended but again overclocks due to the widget
And from what you posted, if i understood right, are you also going to provide option to disable update when that desktop is not in view (some other desktop/homescreen is)?.That would be very helpful thank you

The Following User Says Thank You to techie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by techie View Post
Thanks!
Actually I have setup the dbus script to underclock device when locked (no need for a fast cpu if its just gonna be sitting idle ) and I also have a widget that monitors temp at intervals and sets max overclock speed (don't want it to get too hot).
As you can imagine, after i lock the device it underclocks as intended but again overclocks due to the widget
And from what you posted, if i understood right, are you also going to provide option to disable update when that desktop is not in view (some other desktop/homescreen is)?.That would be very helpful thank you
Testing...

Added also DBUS method_call "is_on_sight" and Parameter Variables substitution for using with scripts, in case user wants to handle with it, which holds "On Sight" or "Out Of Sight" status: $QBW_ON_SIGHT (true=QBW Instance is "ON SIGHT", that is widget is on current desktop and display is not locked or on stand by. false=QBW Instance is not on current desktop and visible or display is off or on stand by)

Last edited by No!No!No!Yes!; 2010-07-09 at 11:51.

You are right ...

new width/height controls:

Changed again a little bit and fixed this issue:

Minor issue ... At time, if you increase or decrease the value with the buttons, the slider appears not to be updated even if actually the value changes. If you save and re-enter or simply click forth and back one more time the value displays correctly ... it seems an intrinsic defect of sliders with very wide span of values ... hope you can bear with it!
Unless someone has got any solution...

Hi,

I have a quick question, I am wanting to make a small change to one of jakimans scripts, however I get a bad checksum when I try to import from buffer to Beecon. Can I calculate a new checksum so i can use the script and if so how?

Thanks in advance

Originally Posted by Cuboid View Post
Hi,

I have a quick question, I am wanting to make a small change to one of jakimans scripts, however I get a bad checksum when I try to import from buffer to Beecon. Can I calculate a new checksum so i can use the script and if so how?

Thanks in advance
Sorry ... Instance Data in Import buffer is not pure text but "meta-text". At times it contains in fact some escape characters which do not belong to pure configuration data.

Best procedure for changing a QBW is importing the widget and using the "A" area in Advanced Settings & Tools Dialog (click on image to see the wiki)

Open xterm
Fire:
Code:
dbus-monitor --system
and see what signals get issued by the system when call is terminated, rejected, dropped ...

Try and study a DBUS rule to feed QBW's DBUS Event Monitor with.

That will then be the trigger for your command execution
Hi guys, new here...

Thanks for your effort on providing us such a great app!

Actually with dbus monitoring i managed to bring backlight to max when connected to power supply, and dim it back when disconected. It was something i was looking for since day one with my n900, as the ability to controll back light level from desktop.

you are my man XD

Xaba

The Following User Says Thank You to xabaras For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by xabaras View Post
Hi guys, new here...

Thanks for your effort on providing us such a great app!

Actually with dbus monitoring i managed to bring backlight to max when connected to power supply, and dim it back when disconected. It was something i was looking for since day one with my n900, as the ability to controll back light level from desktop.

you are my man XD

Xaba
Very good ... why dont you post QBW export for your Beecon so anybody can benefit ... I'll record it into the relevant WIKI section if you agree...