Closed Thread
Posts: 204 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
Originally Posted by lostinmirkwood View Post
I've been power reading this thread for a few hours over the last couple weeks, am I correct in seeing that we can run flasher locally to update the rootfs and the Kernel?

Or is the procedure on Page 215 (Post 2142), applicable only after we follow the steps in the NITDroid N900-Installer-How-To, to re-flash the Kernel the first time?
Computer was required on previous releases (version 0.0.4-3 and earlier) because it required the kernel to be put in R&D mode. This is not required for version 0.0.5 and newer, so it is possible to do just about everything on the device it self.

The Following User Says Thank You to Siggen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
ok reuploading clean rootfs a mere 113mb thats about 20mins for me to up

The Following User Says Thank You to dj_steve For This Useful Post:
patiently waiting the new release and changlog...dj's secretive about this release...hmm...must be a BIG one...

its better be lol, lots of time spent in refreshing this thread time and time again! lol

MUHAHA i think you will be pleasently surprised

If I delete all of the files that bootmenu2 added; will that uninstall it correctly for me, or does it overwrite some files? I installed it by downloading and extracting bootmenu2.beta3.tar.gz.

i can't hold my excitement any longer...I've been wanting to put android on mine but never did...been following you for a while...was glad to see the other two join in...this is moving at a great pace...much thanks to you guys and especially you for continuing this even when it was just you by urself...

Originally Posted by xur17 View Post
If I delete all of the files that bootmenu2 added; will that uninstall it correctly for me, or does it overwrite some files? I installed it by downloading and extracting bootmenu2.beta3.tar.gz.
cd /sbin
mv preinit.orig preinit

cd /etc/bootmenu.d
rm *.item

Will do.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jay-C For This Useful Post:
i had every intention even on my own of gettign something usable. but i agree and cant thank e-yes & Jay-C enough for their help (and same for everyone else helping out aswell especially people trying to help each other in here thats just pure proof of the community spirit of the maemo community

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dj_steve For This Useful Post:
Posts: 203 | Thanked: 201 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ecuador
lol this is becoming the most waiting roofts ever!!

Closed Thread

Tags
android, cool stuff, froyo on n900, nitdroid