As far as I'm concerned, this guy is just speaking freely and Nokia is shutting free speech down because they don't like what is being said. I don't have to like what he says but I will defend his right to say what he wants.

BOOO NOKIA.

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
@harp maybe you should read the thread before commenting ? specifically last post by NOMOS

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HellFlyer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
My take: http://tabulacrypticum.wordpress.com...ldar-murtazin/

Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
IMO, Nokia are making themselves look pretty silly and I don't think this kind of tactic suits them.
Nokia HAS to take this action.

Originally Posted by harp View Post
As far as I'm concerned, this guy is just speaking freely and Nokia is shutting free speech down because they don't like what is being said. I don't have to like what he says but I will defend his right to say what he wants.
No, that's not at all what's going on.

Last edited by Texrat; 2010-07-12 at 22:41.

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 327 | Thanked: 249 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Λεμεσιανός, ρε!
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
My take: http://tabulacrypticum.wordpress.com...ldar-murtazin/
I agree with your analyses, especially on the tired-old comparisons to the Gizmodo case. In this case it was specifically about that prototype, not unleashing everything to seize all his property like in the Apple iPhone 4G case.

The Following User Says Thank You to skalogre For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 138 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
Agreed - I love a preview as much as the next guy - but this bloke seems to delight in getting prototype devices and reviewing them as if they are finished pieces. A perfect example is the N900 which 90% of the issues he found had been resolved in the final product.
hahahah this is an act of desperation by nokia

"A perfect example is the N900 which 90% of the issues he found had been resolved in the final product"

90% u say ?? eh, the n900 is as unstable as a spectrum 48K with several dodgy memory chips.

let me state FECK ALL problems were resolved in the FINAL release, and PR1.2 created a damn sight more to boot

OK NOKIA, Ive slated your device, bring on the heavies.............

N900 SUXXXX and Nokia SUXXXXXXX

But they SUXXXXXXXXXXXX more than the sum of their parts...............

Posts: 297 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ new jersey, usa
Originally Posted by mishmich View Post
It strikes me that the problem with this is that once the cat is let out of the bag, Nokia are forced to pull their deadlines forwards in order to meet expectations and avoid competitors adapting their products. The result of that would be a poorer experience for consumers, with a product not being released according to plan QA and bug-testing...

Sounds familiar. Perhaps it even explains a few things? Theft is theft, if he has received stolen property, then he should be prosecuted just like anybody else.

Mish.
and im sure htc, samsung, etc are all working on better cameras. What i mean is this gives nokia less time to enjoy the uniqueness of their camera.

Last edited by kryptoniankid17; 2010-07-12 at 23:41.

Be that as it may, what he says about Nokia's direction and the crap that Symbian is trying to be gives him merit for being honest on assessing Nokia. This to me sounds like silencing a vocal dissenting point of view, Nokia has the right to move forward ... but it must acknowledge the blow back involved.

Besides I could care less for the opinions of those discrediting him, because his opionions on Nokia are much in line with mine. The N97 sucks, the N900 wasn't completely baked in (front facing camera didn't work for how long?), and Symbian for the N-series that utter trash should be killed today if not yesterday. I hate Symbian for the N series because it is aged, the UI is still cluttered, and will be obsolete so why release the N-8 to only leave a bad taste on the remaining Nokia users once the N-8 isn't supported anymore 3months after it's release. Nokia is a sinking ship, and like Eldar has done and I have done as well ... I ask the executives of Nokia to resign, you guys suck and single handedly destroyed this companies fortunes by your ineptness, leadership style, lack of foresight, and arrogance. Please Nokia board hire someone with smartphone experience, because all these guys have feature phone mentality and only factor in volume not services.

BTW, OVI is the biggest failure and will remain a failure until it becomes an app baked in to the phone.

Posts: 297 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ new jersey, usa
Originally Posted by MoJo View Post
Be that as it may, what he says about Nokia's direction and the crap that Symbian is trying to be gives him merit for being honest on assessing Nokia. This to me sounds like silencing a vocal dissenting point of view, Nokia has the right to move forward ... but it must acknowledge the blow back involved.

Besides I could care less for the opinions of those discrediting him, because his opionions on Nokia are much in line with mine. The N97 sucks, the N900 wasn't completely baked in (front facing camera didn't work for how long?), and Symbian for the N-series that utter trash should be killed today if not yesterday. I hate Symbian for the N series because it is aged, the UI is still cluttered, and will be obsolete so why release the N-8 to only leave a bad taste on the remaining Nokia users once the N-8 isn't supported anymore 3months after it's release. Nokia is a sinking ship, and like Eldar has done and I have done as well ... I ask the executives of Nokia to resign, you guys suck and single handedly destroyed this companies fortunes by your ineptness, leadership style, lack of foresight, and arrogance. Please Nokia board hire someone with smartphone experience, because all these guys have feature phone mentality and only factor in volume not services.

BTW, OVI is the biggest failure and will remain a failure until it becomes an app baked in to the phone.
Wow angry? I'll agree the n900 has been treated like some bastard child. Nokia has supported rheir phones longer then htc, se, apple, or samsung. My n95 seems to still be supported.

I'm well aware of the available facts surrounding this lawsuit, but the motive at the end of the day is to shut him up. The guy didn't sign a Nokia NDA. His official statement is that he does not have any prototypes, but had access to them.

How would you feel if you ended up on the receiving end of a lawsuit because a company didn't know where you got your information. It is a known fact that Nokia hand out prototypes to their staff. This is Nokia trying to find a leak within their own company and destroying someones life in the process. Someone who doesn't work for Nokia, doesn't get their information or review units from Nokia and has no access to Nokia manufacturing facilities.

Sure Nokia will do it lawfully but it doesn't change the fact that what they're doing is wrong.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I'm well aware of the available facts surrounding this lawsuit, but the motive at the end of the day is to shut him up.
No, it isn't. Nokia is already losing enough coverage sites; they don't want Eldar shutting up completely at all. They just can't allow him to continue as he has been with prototypes.

Sure Nokia will do it lawfully but it doesn't change the fact that what they're doing is wrong.
Incorrect. You say you are aware of the facts but that statement indicates otherwise. Again, Nokia has no choice but to take a very public stand on the issue due to the typical requirements for intellectual property protection.

As shown in comments from my article, Eldar has been caught contradicting himself. That alone casts doubt on any statement he makes over this issue.

Last edited by Texrat; 2010-07-13 at 00:56.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post: