Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 94 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ireland
Hi all,

Are there an DLNa apps for the N900, I have a Sony Bravia with DLNA on it and id like to share from the phone to the TV via DLNA if possible.

Any ideas, could not find anything when searching

Cheers

Colm

might be something you can check out. Rygel on N900

Thanks ill check it out, but what is it ? that link tell you how to install but not what it actually does.

Will it allow me to share media wirelessly to a DLNA enabled TV ?

Originally Posted by depu View Post
might be something you can check out. Rygel on N900

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
http://live.gnome.org/Rygel
MIight be enough there for you....
HA

Posts: 319 | Thanked: 289 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Lisboa, Portugal
Check Zhaan too...
http://zachgoldberg.com/2010/05/06/a-upnp-home/

I use both rygel+zhaan to control my tv and send files to ps3.

Originally Posted by colm.smyth View Post
Thanks ill check it out, but what is it ? that link tell you how to install but not what it actually does.

Will it allow me to share media wirelessly to a DLNA enabled TV ?
A simple google lookup would have been faster but just for reference the link has already been provided by handaxe.

How you could use Rygel..
The user story

How does this all affect the user? For a starters there is plenty of DLNA/UPnP devices already out in the market these days: Sony Playstation 3, Nokia's series60 and maemo-based phones, Microsoft XBox 360 (not even real UPnP device but we must support it due to high demand), DLNA speakers, Sony Bravia TV and some other DLNA TVs from Sony & Samsung. Moreoever, the number of DLNA devices inthe market is expected to grow and not shrink. Now suppose a user has a PS3 or one of the DLNA TVs, a laptop or destkop PC running GNOME, one of the DLNA speakers and one of the next generation of Maemo Phones. She would like to be able to:

* Browse her media collection on her PC running GNOME (mobile) from her TV or PS3 and be able to play any of her media. She should even be able to play it even if the original content is in a format that her TV or PS3 is incapable of playing, i-e the media server should be able to transcode on the fly.
* Easily search for the desired media using her phone and be able to play it either on the phone or play it on her TV and/or the PC, while retaining full control over the playback from her phone.
* Before or while watching a movie on her PC, redirect the sound output to her DLNA speakers using her phone.
So yes, you can use this to stream to your DLNA compatible TV.
But i havent tried this yet.

The Rygel that's in one of the repos (not one of the maemo ones) is a bit outdated. And it never worked for me myself. All the latel Rygel releases and news has been in the unstable branch but are only provided in the form of source tars. So you'll have to make and compile them yourself if someone else doesn't do it for yoju.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Thanks everyone for the help.

Cheers

Originally Posted by depu View Post
A simple google lookup would have been faster but just for reference the link has already been provided by handaxe.

How you could use Rygel..

So yes, you can use this to stream to your DLNA compatible TV.
But i havent tried this yet.

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Ireland
Let us know how you get on streaming directly to the TV

Originally Posted by feighery View Post
Let us know how you get on streaming directly to the TV
Will do, thanks

Tags
n900 dlna, upnp server