Notices

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Turku, Finland
Originally Posted by cashclientel View Post
two small ideas/thoughts;
an "undo" button for if the reset is accidentally hit.
if the app crashes of the phone dies will the program remember its place?
1) I could add that, but even easier would be to just add a confirmation box to the reset option, and I think I will do that
2) No, the application resets the value stored instantly after it has been loaded into memory. I will look into changing that.

Ok folks, it apparently took longer than it should've taken, but a fixed version is available in extras testing. Try it if you did experience issues, and vote

Version 1.1 is out featuring keyboard controls, zoom/volume keys control, confirmation on reset, confirmative text saying that the value has been copied to the clipboard and some other things.

It can be found in extras testing & devel. Also the first version (v1.0) can now be found in extras! Thanks everyone for testing this out and voting, as well as everyone giving great feedback

The Following User Says Thank You to antoarts For This Useful Post:
A feature requst:

(edit: A - absolute limit)
A settable limit, which when is reached, will play a sound (configurable audio file) and/or vibrate the phone (silently).
A toggle on there also, whether to stop counting after the limit, or continue counting. If stop was wanted, vibrate or play the sound again when touched, so the user really notices (s)he has reached the limit.

One use case for this 1up is that you do not want to look at the screen when counting something, but when the limit is reached, you would want to know.

(edit: B - periodic limit)
Also to develop that futher: a settable periodic alarm. Say, play a sound or vibrate for every 12 counts. (12, 24, 36, 48, ...)

Edit: actually, both can be combined, so there is either absolute limit (A) or periodic limit (B). Absolute limit won't continue counting after a limit but alarm again and again if tried, but periodic limit will allow to calculate futher and alarms again when next time the limit is reached.

Last edited by zimon; 2010-09-22 at 14:01.

Another feature request: Configurable classes of things to count.
So, the screen would be optionally divided to 2, 4, 6, 8, 12, 16 "big" different coloured sections and each of them would have its own counter.

The alarms and limits could be common for all sections to keep it simple.

An example: one is a door monkey and want's to count how many guys and girls gets in.

Last edited by zimon; 2010-10-06 at 16:27.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
I don't know if this app is still being worked on, but I have some bugs reports/feature suggestions:
  • The prompt to save would look neater if it appeared before closing the window. This would also allow the user to click outside the dialogue box to not quit after all
  • I believe Maemo style guide says that the "Set value" menu item shouldn't have "..." after it
  • The "Copy to Clipboard" menu item shouldn't have second capital C
  • Set value text box should only accept numbers
  • Save file /home/user/MyDocs/one_up_count would be better as something like /home/user/.one_up_count so that it isn't visible to the user
  • The fullscreen flash is distracting - I realise that's because you're using a standard button widget so this may not be easy to fix
  • It would be nice to have an About menu option
  • Have setting whether to save on exit: Yes, No, or Prompt (as current)
  • Setting to make a little sound (different for add/subtract), so can use confidently without looking at screen
  • Setting to not blank screen while app is in the foreground (the same way that media players don't blank the screen), or make the app work if screen blanked (not sure if the latter is possible), so that if the user is counting things that happen less frequently than their screen timeout, they don't have to keep unlocking the screen
  • Ctrl+V to paste (i.e. like Set value but working directly on main screen). Maybe Ctrl+X to copy to clipboard and reset to zero at the same time
  • Handle large numbers better, maybe by reducing the font size, or wrapping to a second line
  • Font/colour options
  • Orientation settings of Landscape, Portrait, and Auto, to allow the user to stick the orientation in, for example, portrait, which helps them use it without looking at the screen so they know that one direction on the rocker will always increment the number whichever way they hold the device
  • Keyboard Controls menu item shouldn't have capital C. The help text itself could be displayed a little better
Hope this helps.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 257 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney, Australia
Wrong thread. Sorry.

Last edited by shazosbourne; 2010-11-20 at 22:12. Reason: wrong thread.

Posts: 1,348 | Thanked: 1,863 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ fr/35/rennes
did rebuilt it for harmattan wanna test it ?

https://purl.org/rzr/abandonware

Please help to list all maemo existing apps :

https://github.com/abandonware/aband...ment-578143760

https://wiki.maemo.org/Apps#

I am looking for " 4 inch TFT LCD display screen " for Nokia n950 HandSet

http://rzr.online.fr/q/lcd

Also, I need online storage to archive files :

http://db.tt/gn5Qffd6#

https://my.pcloud.com/#page=register...e=g8ikZmcfEJy#